Clones not growing or rooting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Aikikai, Nov 15, 2014.

1. I am struggling with my first attempt and becoming discouraged. 4 weeks ago I received clippings
    from 2 different plants. today I have 1 10' plant that looks great and rooting well and the other 9
    have not grown much at all and only 4 are showing roots. I am following all the "Rules" and
    nutrient guidelines. I have a 5x5 tent and a 600 watt HPS. temp maintains 80 degrees and
    humidity is 50% steadily.

Is it "normal to have 1 out of 10 growing very steadily?
    any feedback would be appreciated

2. I am struggling with my first attempt and becoming discouraged. 4 weeks ago I received clippings
    from 2 different plants. today I have 1 10' plant that looks great and rooting well and the other 9
    have not grown much at all and only 4 are showing roots. I am following all the "Rules" and
    nutrient guidelines. I have a 5x5 tent and a 600 watt HPS. temp maintains 80 degrees and
    humidity is 50% steadily.

Is it "normal to have 1 out of 10 growing very steadily?
    any feedback would be appreciated

3. We're they originally put in rock wool or what were the clones put in when they were clipped? Do they have purple stems?

4. out of curiosity
    Why are you asking if the stems are purple?
    Noob here.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Under developed root system can't absorb nutrients properly so the stems can turn purple real fast. You can tell when the roots are coming along as a very light feeding will turn them back to green very quickly. If they started in rock wool and were in a humidity dome you would be able to see the roots and know they were good but I have seen many people take cuttings in rock wool with good root structure and not harden them off to an HID lamp and they go into shock without the stems turning dark.

6. I watched them get cut of the 2 mother plants, wrapped them in a wet paper towel and within an hour I put them
    into the rockwool cubes and into the tent that was set up and waiting.

7. No the stems are not purple, they look like they have gotten thicker but no real growth

8. I made this video last night to show how i get 100% successful clones :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWFEZN_mEg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

9. Going forward I will give your method a shot since my way is not working. my clones went directly into rock wool cubes
    and into my hydro system. is it "normal" for only 1 out of 10 to be growing rapidly. I can't figure out why 1 looks great
    and not the rest of them. this is my first batch and I used cloning gel and scrapped the ends.