Clones in The Outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tomnork, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hey Grasscity,
    I have been looking into growing outdoors since about last summer, and I've scoped out my spot and everything. My question is, I have access to clones of various strains and ages, but I haven't found anything in this section about transplanting them outdoors. Any help is appreciated

~Tom

2. Same as inside

3. there is an absolute beginners section ya know.

4. going from indoors to out requires you to ensure the transition is a smooth one. the sun is the most powerful bulb out there. start them out in the shade, and then gradually introduce them to direct sunlight.

5. Thanks a lot growbot

6. high tomnork

Clones will be fine but try and grow one that has been grown outdoors and isnt primarily an indoor strain. If you randomly pick 10 mostly indoor strains to be grown outdoors, 9 of them wont grown worht a damn. The finest and most potent indoor strain might have convulsions when attacked by big grasshoppers and then wacked with a 50 mph wind, a little hail and hey...- here comes some deer!

Leaf blight, powdery mildew, botryitis,- the list goes on of conditions that an indoor strain has never dealt with.

7. Ok and I know which strains to look for thanks man. I was talking more about like how to move it from perlite or whatever the clone is rooted in into the ground and that kind of stuff. But I hadn't thought of what you said you saved me a lot of trouble! :hello:

8. #8 Corto Malteze, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
    Place at 16 indoors and then out in May in Northern hem. You don't want them to flower but continue vegging. Accustom a few days to the sun. Use airy soil mix as indoors but not a lot of coco. Use peat based mix or buy promix, FFOF. Use castings perlite and peat for seedlings. 5 cups lime per bale of peat. See 3rd link under my sig for soil it can help you. Use meals and manures (no hydro or liquid food nec. outdoors).
    Clones should be 1 foot tall and with a big root system (more than seed started plants).
    I think clones flower 2 weeks earlier (or later?) than seeds (check).
    Make sure you know when they flower as they will all behave exactly the same. It can ben asset but also a big issue. ALways know your clones by heart and note down which is which.But I never used clones.
    Good luck

9. Thank you so much that helped a bunch i now know exactly what to do now!You're a lifesaver