Clones from flowering plant- reveg and reclone

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by North63, Jun 20, 2020.

1. I bought 22 clones off a local that had cut them from a flowering female. They were cut between day 7 and 14. Sadly, he never mentioned this and i didnt notice until after he left. When asked about it, he tried to convince me of the benefits of monster cropping. I disagreed but thats besides the point. Im stuck with these Trinity clones. These clones have rooted and will be transplanted by the end of next week if time allows it.

Trinity is a strain ive been looking for, on and off, for about 4 years.

Ive done a fair bit of digging around, and tonnes of informative reading on the subject but can not find out how viable clones would be, if cut from one of these cuttings in a few months when they have reached maturity? I have never revegged a plant but assume that it will produce normal, healthy vegetation at some point, allowing me to cut and root in order to save this rare genetic.

I would think these deformities are a symptom of stress and not a genetic mutation, making cuttings cut from healthy growth an identical genetic copy of the original mother, prior to this butcher taking the cleaver to their beautiful mom.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Trinity 20200618_172214.jpg

3. Revegging clones can get upto all sorts of weird shit while they settle in mate.
    Never done it myself but wouldn't expect them to look "normal " for 2-3 weeks.
    They'll be fine though. Just be patient and all will be well :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yup what the above said. I did this last year myself. I had cut clones at week 2 of flower and shipped them over to a buddy's place where they sat in a jar of cloner solution for weeks, he finally got the damn things into the cloner and i ended up taking 4 back to stick outside, those damn things were the oddest looking plants for about a month outdoors, after they went through a mutant growing phase they took right off and grew better then the seedlings i put out with them. In the end I got over a pound from each plant. Even though the growth was all goofy at 1st in the end they were huge. 20190713_084545.jpg 20190717_112911.jpg this is a couple of them before they started growing normal looking nodes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. That doesnt answer my question. I know they will be fine. Im planning to keeping a few of these to mother more. Im asking about genetic mutation, stress, and future cloning of one of these clones

6. Well I did an experiment myself with a monster cropped clone I took myself and then used lst for training. It is by far the best plant in my garden and i notice no mutations or issues other then trying to figure out what to do with all the buds this plant will produce lol
    I will def be taking a clone of her.
    I'm so amazed at the growth of it and how much better she is doing from the rest I actually plan on growing this way from now on. I'm blown away
    Btw I took a normal clone off the mother plant before she flowered and nope..... the monster cropped one is twice as lush.
    You will be able to take clones as soon as the growth gets normal again to save the genetics. 20200612_172602.jpg
    Screenshot_20200620-090418_Gallery.jpg 20200620_083156.jpg

• Like Like x 1