clones and a 1000w MH.....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr.Tangent, Nov 1, 2008.

1. got a bunch of p.kush clones in beer cups, currently they are in my new veg room under 8 4ft T12's at 6500kelvin........roughly 360watts of light, but i dont know the lumens...??
    Now i recently picked up a swtichable 1000w ballast....and wanted to veg them under my 1000w MH until i figure they are ready to flower...but i dont want to burn them.....when they are on the table the tops of the plants are just over 3 feet away from the MH bulb(alittle too close, i know)....but the temp is fine and i put my hand over the plants and i dont feel too hot.......
    yesterday i put them in for an hour and today was an hour forty......i plan on increasing the exposure by roughly an hour each day.... how many hour should i reach in a day, before i can just leave them in there permenately?????

Attached Files:

2. the 8 4ft T12's is more than enough to let it veg like that. I veg under 3 of those CFL and my plants do great. just take a look at my grow if your interested.

3. If they are rooted clones and you can control the temps below 80F. leave the MH 1K on 24/7 at 36" with fans blowing 24/7 over the clones and feed them @1/4 and drop the light an inch a day till at "the best level for your set up",mine is 8-12".

By the time you get the light to its lowest hight you should be feeding full strength nutes.;)

4. Yes T12s will grow small plants good BUT using a HID MH 1K will grow much faster,allow more nutes to be used and synthisized keeping nodes tite.

Really it all boils down IMHO to what your idea is of a bunch of clones,one 1K will grow a vastly dif. amt of clones depending on when you 12/12 them.

How many do you have ATM?

5. Whats the size of your grow cab.?
    Is that an odor sock or a real CF?

6. yea i know but ive actually tested the CFL vs MH debate and so far im for CFLs. I know a lot of growers will argue with me on lumens and watts etc but ive seen first hand what works better for my grows. I had a 600 MH on my 2nd grow and it didnt do much for my Vegging plants like the CFLs did. Dont know why

7. i have 34clone total...2 sets of 17 ...i plan to keep the best one from each group as a mother......so i will put in 16 to veg faster until flowering. and keep the other 17 in my veg cab til the first set is done......... my flowering box is 4 by 4 and veg cab is 5ft wide by 2.5ft deep and just under3ft tall... and yes its an odor sok..

8. thats going to be a nice harvest bro. Ill be watching

9. GAC=GETING ACLUMATED CORECTLY.I put my clones once rooted striaght under 1000 Mh .The hand over tops good indicator if u feel heat ur to close. BUT 12IN.-18IN. is were I keep my light 3ft & u get stringing tall sticks not nice compact conical plants. pain is moving light frequintly up 2-3in. every day or so depend. how fast plants growing achievments confirms conditions atmosphiricaly generated=gac

10. Be aware some have said the odor sock fall VERY short of nutralizing odor as flowering goes on,just a word of warning as 50% of grows end with odors leaving the room.;)

11. #11 Mr.Tangent, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2008
    odor sok isn't the greatest i know......my first ever were 4 kush plants in tupperware totes. i finished with 13.5 oz dry ......But i could smell it in the driveway faintly....
    i will be investing in a better filter soon......thx for the heads up tho...
    as for the 1000w mh i was worried about burning them but if i can get as close as 18 to 12 inches.......i'll just start them at 3feet and work it down an inch a day..id rather baby them then burn a few........
    The grows will be logged..in my corner of my veg room i ALSOhave blue cheese and atomis haze seed in need to sex, plus 2 blueberry clones....christmas will be great this year...

Attached Files:

12. Lookin good man.....good luck and get a can50 for that grow room soon,be safe bro.;)

13. gac=gradually aculamating canabis.I,d baby them to sounds like ur use caution and thinking thru all dif. advice.I'm in no rush to flush my crop down the shitter. Simple Simon says slow&steady always wins race! Growing Aromatic Crops=gac!I don't know how to sex seeds.But I always pick rounder lepord spoted ones. I heard it determines sex thru temp?If someone has insight b nice to learn.I always pre sex plants at 30 days by 12/12 till show then return to 18/6 till I'm ready to bud & this does'nt stress them out to much ,but adds 4 weeks to do. Any one know dif. way?gac= green abundant crops.

14. Ocitown, I will be sure to replace that odorsock with a real cf before flowering. Not worth the risk...All my plants from beans, i plan on growing large enuf to pull clones off them, like 2 clones off each plant at first and wait for them to root and as soon as they root i will put them on 12/12 to determine SEX....having labelled all the clones corresponding to each plant i got it from, then i can dispose of any males and keep the ladies.....then pull more clones off them to VEG and Flower for me.....
    As for now.i have been using the 1000w MH more each day on them..today was 5.5hrs at 3ft away.....tomorro will be 7 then 9 then ill keep them in there full time and start lowering the light 2-3inches a day til at my best height.....if i do notice them to stretch i will just drop the light or top em..... thx for all the help, and be sure to keep you posted on my progress....

15. Remember when any plant that goes 12/12 the stretch WILL start and only last a week or two MAX and there is no way to reduce that,raising light will stretch even more.

Solution is to flower sooner or LST in veg.,although you can tie buds in flower away from the light as i had to do this time around as i vegged too long for 8 foot celings.:eek:

16. think they are doing fine so far here is a pic of my pk clones....and 2 more of my blue cheese and atomic haze, and u might be able to see the blueberry clones way in the back....

Attached Files:

17. Dropped the MH about a foot today. they go in from 12 to 7 today...
    plan to keep an eye on the temp periodically.

18. Thats the one,i have 1000square foot room and wanted a 75 or 100 but at the time the 50 was all they had and i needed it that day(5th week w/o any odor protection)and hooked it to a Vortex 8" 757cfm can fan and it has worked VERY well for several months now,paid $150 cash at my local hydro store too.

Shipping can be expensive on these so look local if possible for this one,the 50 will be more than you need but will only last longer and flow better.

Remember IIRC you can get the flange which fits your fan(this filter uses either a 6" or an 8")

Great filter IMHO but you can find it for less,offer your local guy $150 cash and carry and he should go for it if you say i did.;)

19. #20 Mr.Tangent, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008
    ya i didnt plan i getting this one .but thanks ill check the hydro store next time im there... i currently have a hydrofarm 465cfm exhaust fan...i'll find one that can hook up to that with similar cfm...

Attached Files: