Cloneing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NYSD, Nov 1, 2007.

1. I know that someone has already posted a thread before like this but I couldnt find it. Can you clone your mother plant while she is in the flowering stage? When is the best time to get clones from your mother plant?

2. Vegetative state. In My Opinion.

You can cut clones, sure.

3. It is sometimes possible to clone early in flower but odds of success go down the longer you wait. It is definitely advisable to take clones during veg.

4. Thats what I thought. So i guess I just have to do alot of clones and labeling to find my mother plants Huh.

5. Label plants with an identifier. Cut 2 clones from each plant 2 weeks prior to flowering. Label each clone with the same identifier used for the respective parent plant it came from. After parents flower, get rid of males along with any clones cut from them. Continue to flower female parents to harvest. Develop clones from female parents - these will be the new mommies.

This whole process may take some tweaking to grow clones from very healthy, potent plants.

I should state at this point that I have no experience with this. I am simply repeating what others have written. Two cents worth, thats all (and some may think 2 cents is too much to pay for this advice) ;)

In any event, best of luck.