Clone ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by myguitariscool, Dec 16, 2008.

1. I've done about ten grows now, and I grew a strain I really like. Until now, I have only seeded my plants, but I decided to clone these guys because I really liked the smoke. I tried not to flower the mother plants by separating them from the others during flowering, but the went into autobloom anyway so I put them back in with the other guys and let them bloom. I put them both back into veg (lights and nutes) for about the last month and they are growing good..

So, I read up on the site here to try my hand at cloning. I took the growing shoots, cut them 45deg with a sterilized razor. Trimmed all but top two or so sets of leaves, Let em soak in liquid root sol. for about ten, then planted them into 1q pots with soil/perlite/sphagnum mix. watered to settle plants and soil with diluted root sol. Then I misted the plants and have misted them twice since planting last night...

Room conditions: 3 25w

Homemade humidity box (36"wX16"hx20"d) wood frame with clear plastic dropcloth skin around it

They are in my grow room in a cabinet that stays 76deg f pretty consistent and the humid box keeps around 92% humidity

Not very long after I planted them (2h or so) they were REALLY droopy...:( they look so sad. Now, the leaves all still look ok, but not great. They arent shriveling, but they are like I said, droopy to the point of almost facing straight down.

Like I said, Im pretty comfortable with the rest of the process, but I've never cloned before and my babies look like they're crying!

Is this normal for the first little while or did I go wrong somewhere?
    If so, how long till they typically perk up a bit?
    I know somebody on this site will know the answer, so thanks in advance for the guidance!

:smoking:If ya help me save em Ill send you a doobie snack when they grow up...

2. raise the light, try to get them in a dome, and 1 25 w cfl about 8 or more inches away will be perfect. Clones just need high humidity and very little light and they'll do their thing and root.