CLONE WARS!!! A Face Off of Cannabis growing techniques

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Soil2Coco, Jul 8, 2018.

?

What technique is going to win?

1. Coco Drain To Waste

25.0%
  2. Perlite Hempy/SIP

12.5%
  3. DWC Bubble Bucket

45.8%
  4. Homemade Supersoil, 4th generation

16.7%
  1. Good experiment but it's incomplete, leaving the best method off to the side. Enjoy folks. Don't be to sore about the science comment, I was kidding but clearly some people can't take a joke.. Have a great day.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I came in like a bull, no problem.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. @ BluejayOrganics
    Can you link us more info to a thread or talk? I recently subscribed to Kirsten Dirksen's YouTube channel. Do you mean like this?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Supersoil going on 5 generations with beneficial bacteria is pretty damn close to a no till unless you are talking a 5 year old established bed, which according to the science would be ideal for that method. I’m partial to coco as it blows any other method I’ve grown in out of the water but the 100% Perlite hempy has me interested, as does the DWC, since my tomato just hit full stride in her bucket experiment. I only have a 4x4 to do this comparison in so I’m making due. Maybe someday I’ll have more space to blow this experiment up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cool. You don't need 5 years to establish a no-till container. That's a rumor. By the 3rd run your containers will be humming and you'll only need plain tap water that's it. Again, I was just a little thrown back when No-Till was not in this experiment. I'm not really here to knock others methods but to open eyes to other possibilities. Good luck guys!

• Like Like x 4
  6. I hope you’ll stick around. I have a habit of getting bored and changing things up, that’s how I got into coco. Post some links and I’ll read up more in no till

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm totally game to try new things too (well... there's a limit so don't mention giraffes please). I was going to try Mick Foster's coco method next try, I already ordered the Maxibloom, but I was going to try it side by side a late KoolBloom (using clones, same lights/environments,etc and automated feeding).

• Like Like x 4
  8. No-Till Gardening: Revisited Folks meet MOFO, he will change your life. Read his opening post, if that does not get your juices flowing for no-till IDK what will. I will support anyone here or on IG who wants to learn No-Till methods. Having said that my man Soil set up a nice post and I think it's great so I really did not want to obstruct his initiative.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Sounds awesome @Soil2Coco ! When you get it set up, tag me and i'll follow along as I too am curious about seeing the comparisons side by side

• Like Like x 4
  10. I'll follow this thread but I don't come on GC much any longer, favoring IG as the platform right now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Do you want me to drop the no till soil list here?

• Like Like x 1
  12. upload_2018-7-9_16-2-7.png

NO TILL 4th cycle -

• Like Like x 3
  13. upload_2018-7-9_16-4-35.png
    This is LOTUS bred by Mountain Organics - also No-Till method. This was watered with plain tap water and given botanical tinctures only.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. I guess that depends on how many times a year you grow. It would take me 3 years. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Will do MOTR. My construction business is pretty busy right meow, so I’m gonna hold off until fall/winter so I can put forth my best effort.

• Like Like x 4
  16. This is the No-Till Soil:
    Equal Parts Sphagnum Peat Moss : Humus : Pumice/Lava Rock
    Per Cuf of above base mix:
    8--12 cups volcanic rock dust or glacial granite, basalt microfine
    10-12 cups of raw biochar (black owl)
    That's it!
    The key is the humus which is the compost. If you can make your own leaf mold compost, or find a quality one like Malibu BU it will get your buckets going faster. I use 30 gallon containers, you can use 15 or 20 gallon but I would not suggest anything smaller, in fact get the 30 gallon one and fill it 3/4 with the soil. You can buy dollies if you need to move them around. Next grow or buy mulching material to replenish the nutrients in your container. You can buy dried ones online like Comfrey, Yarrow, Horsetail, Borage, Neem Leaf and dandelion. These are to referred to as the "collective". Add about 20-30 worms to the container. Layer the top of the container with about 3inches of those collective herbs. Spread a cover crop over the mulch layer like clover and fenugreek. Make a spot to drop like 5 seeds in the container. All 5 should sprout. Cull the males. Water with plain tap water that sat out for 24 hours. If you want to push them, get the botanical tonics. The result of only using plain water is truly amazing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. You don't have to grow cannabis in the container when done, right. You can maintain the containers under very low light and just keep them watered until your ready to use them again. Or you can grow veggies inside during the winter. If it's spring just move them outside until your ready to use.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Right meow.. LOL that's awesome.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. This plant doesn't look like hemp, are you sure this is a hemp plant? Also the plant is going to be root bound from now till the end of flower cycle causing you less yield.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I only grow once a year and it's in the winter. Maintaining containers of soil by keeping them under light and watered for 9 months out of the year. I'll pass and stick with hempy or coco thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1