Clone should be dead?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowinItFrench, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Hey there blades! So the specialness of this years grow continues, I decided to take a cutting from my unshapely plant about.. Three weeks ago? And the cutting has not yet died, but has also not produced ANY roots. Why hasn't it died yet? It has lost a few leaf sets but it is also pushing out more leaf sets at the same time. What is going on here? Someone stop this madness. Here she is:

Attached Files:

2. what kind of soil?

3. A mix of perlite miracle grow seed starter and Horbitec organic mix

4. If the cutting is growing new leaves, it should be fine. Some cuttings take longer than others to root.

PW

5. I would just flush it, and put a aloe vera leaf in the blender with a cup of water add a pinch of citric acid to the blend. The green part (skin) of leaves floats I skim it off the surface of the blend. after the clone is flushed, I soak with the aloe blend to stimulate new root growth.

6. [quote name='"pointswest"']If the cutting is growing new leaves, it should be fine. Some cuttings take longer than others to root.

PW[/quote]

Thanks for the words of wisdom I'm kind of happy I mean it's still growing and responding to lighting conditions so I'm happy!

7. [quote name='"hope2toke"']I would just flush it, and put a aloe vera leaf in the blender with a cup of water add a pinch of citric acid to the blend. The green part (skin) of leaves floats I skim it off the surface of the blend. after the clone is flushed, I soak with the aloe blend to stimulate new root growth.[/quote]

I'll try this thanks for the advice :)

8. [quote name='"hope2toke"']I would just flush it, and put a aloe vera leaf in the blender with a cup of water add a pinch of citric acid to the blend. The green part (skin) of leaves floats I skim it off the surface of the blend. after the clone is flushed, I soak with the aloe blend to stimulate new root growth.[/quote]

Out of curiousity.. Would aloe vera gel work?

9. aloe products often contain chemicals that would be toxic to soil life and probably plants, but are OK as lotions and such. Aloe vera juice or gel works, look for the edible type at your health store /trader joe
    s... target also has a $10 gallon except it contains a synthetic preservative

raw aloe leaf will degrade fast so I add a dash of citric acid, whatever juice I use i refrigerate

this technique may cause plants to rot if applied directly, I only pour the aloe on the soil itself

in certain instances I will also foliar mist the leaves, in this case "less is more" for the benefits