clone question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Maff, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Hi there.

I'm week 2 of flowering my lone Pure Kush plant right now which is my first grow and all seems to be going well (NFT system with 85w CFL).
    This grow is training for me and wasn't expecting any real results but she showed me her girly bits on just day 5 of flowering so I assume I'm making reasonable progress.
    However, a week before flowering I chopped off two lower growing tips and was going to throw them away, but instead I dipped them in clonex and popped them in grodan cubes to see what would happen (they were really too small to clone in my inexperienced opinion) and it seems they might just be rooting.
    All I do is give the cubes a daily spray with ph5.5 water and no nutes and let them sit next to the flowering plant so they only get 12/12.
    My question is what will 12/12 lighting do to young clones? Will they already be trying to flower?
    I didn't really have any intention of using clones on my next grow as I have different seeds to use next, but its tempting if these clones really will survive.

2. 12/12 is not preferred, they might be confused as to flower or grow roots.. put them under 18/6 or 24/0

3. Thanks for the reply.
    You are probably right about them being confused, maybe the growth i see is flowering and not rooting.
    They are not completely healthy looking so i might just let them die rather than put work and money into setting up a lamp i dont yet own only to see them turn out to be weak plants from a shaky start.

4. they dont need a lot of light. you could put a couple cfl's on a timer anywhere.

5. A clone needs to develop a root system before you throw it into 12/12.