clone mother prep question....HALP!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by babyripper666, Sep 13, 2009.

1. i'v got three nice clone moms that are about 3 weeks into veg. they are about 8" tall...side branching has just begun. would now be a good time to top these girls?

2. thanks buddy!

any other votes?

3. I take it the moms are strictly for clonning? Personally I would try 2 Fimm, then later point top...

DO you count 4 weeks from when clones took roots, or when clones have been transplanted to their container?

Anyways, topping at 4 weeks is not a bad Idea if you have a bushy plant in mind

4. i'm counting from when they got potted. i'm starting to think it's a good idea to do it....i'm gonna sleep on it.

5. If you're grooming it as a mom, one advantage of early pruning is that each snip yields two shoots. Later, as the shoots begin to alternate sides the game changes slightly.

6. also - my girls were alternating shoots from the start. i got 8+ on each at this point....in the very early stages of growth. i added more lights today to help move those along. i'm also thinking that side branching will increase with some topping?

7. Uh ... oh, from clone duh :) ... now snip every third shoot.

8. ... sorry so vague. Yeah, I'd top it now and then start pruning branches after each 2nd shoot

9. yeah i'm getting that feeling too. rock!

i just sampled a little bit of the goods from the moms. shit's fantastic...tasted like plant mostly but still had a little flavor...i'm high as hell!