Clone lighting questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Nelo13, Jul 6, 2019.

1. [​IMG].jpg[/IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ok so the mother is about a week into flower out doors. I took the clones about a week ago. I really didn’t expect them to root.Medium I used miracle grow mixed with some mushroom compost. I only have about 2 months until harvest of the mother would I be wasting my time trying to put the clones back out side considering by October it’s already 12/12. Any light recommendations would be appreciated as well. I’m on a low budget but I’ll do what I got to to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG]

3. Yeah I would say too late. They will go into flower if you put clones outside by then. You could try them indoor (with supplemental sun if you wanted). Just keep them at 16+ (pref. 18-24) for vegging. Or do a greenhouse type grow maybe with supplemental lighting so its more than 12hrs. then cut the lights to 12 and have a nice little harvest of them. OR, keep the clones in veg, and grow/trim them out and overwinter them until next year, and put them out nice and early after last frost, and have monster plants.

4. I just don’t think I’m experienced enough to overwinter them. I’m think I’ve decided I want to just grow them indoors and see what happens. Know of some cheap effective lights and how many do you think I’d need just for those 2 clones

5. I understand that. You can get [more] clones anytime you want. It takes longer to get a cutting to take hold and root in flowering stage vs vegging, but it very very possible. As long as it doesn't get too cold, and have under constant light, with some decent ventilation (not necessarily a fan), and you trim/top off the plants from time to time, you can keep your clones around for next season. In fact, you can keep a clone of each strain you have, and just keep them under 24 (or 16+) light indefinably, having it supply you clones when the time comes. I kept my strains for a good 5 years or so, just kept them in a green house, but under some t-12 florescent shop lights. Kept them trimmed, topped here and there. And from that one plant, by next season, I was able to get 20+ cuttings easy from it. And I had them in 1 gal pots. So, it's really not hard to do. But you do need it to be "moderately" temperate..not too cold..or try to keep cold spells (under 40deg F.) to a minimum. On temps when it would get into 20s, I used a propane heater so it wouldn't get too cold. Only had to do that couple times. But mainly keep them under light, watered (BUT NOT OVERWATERED, especially in cooler weather), spray them with insecticide soap, trim/top as needed, can give fertilizer once on blue moon (every 2-4 weeks or so, if that). Hydrogen Peroxide to control any mildew. I've even done it in solos. It's very easy. And a good way to keep your genetics.

6. The sun will probably be better than your lights. Just plant it in a 5 gallon pot and leave it outside.

Budget growers use the sun. 8-10 hours of natural is most likely going to be better than 12 hours of artificial. It’s hard to compete with sunlight, I’ve learned...

7. I live in EST that being said would you still put it outdoors

8. Latitude not longitude. What state, or area? People in Maine and Florida may read the same clock, but their growing seasons are vastly different.

Honestly I would put it out either way. The common style of outdoor budget growing in my area is to amass a giant of a veg plant and take clones in the summer. Those clones are rooted, potted, and flowered with the mother.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’d much rather go with Mother Nature but If it’s not gonna be in time to flower then id like to try it indoors for a better chance of happy ending

10. Northern part of Georgia

11. Lol excuse my lack of education but I appreciate you

12. Hold up. You have an outdoor plant that is in flower? How is this possible? Where on earth do you live where outdoor cannabis plants start flowering in July? Am I missing something here?

Sent from the grow room using my fingers.

13. Take your clones this weekend. They can be rooted and repotted before August, and you’ll have plenty of time to flower. By the time the clones hit flower season, you may end up with 50% harvest from the clones alone.

Not sure about the weather in N. Georgia, but I can flower outdoor plants all the way through November with no hot house. If it doesn’t get below 40 at night, you can flower outside with no cover if you really want to. Yield will suffer, but it’s outdoor, so your yield is larger to begin with.

By the way, your plant doesn’t appear to be flowering. Plenty of time left. Just clone some of the innermost branches, and the branches closest to your porch that will just get in the way and not get good light. Then, shove some sticks in the ground, like tent stakes, around the existing plant, and tie the branches to the sticks to lst, better light penetration. You could even tie the branches to rocks, and move the rocks as the plant grows if you’re really on a budget. I did it, once upon a time...

Good luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Preflower may be the term for it.

15. I figured once you seen white hairs it was flowering considering thats bud sites

Sounded good at least

16. Thanks a lot makes sense. I assumed it was flowering after seeing white hairs on the pre flowers.

17. I think I’ll try some more lst on the bottom branches at least

18. Nahh. A calyx will throw out a hair or two, but that’s just showing sex maturity. Basically, if your plant is showing pistils while in veg, she’s telling you that she’s fully grown and done with “puberty.” Same with male plants.

You have time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 918AutoGrower, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Lots of strains will show sex during veg when they reach maturity. Not all strains do it, but some do. It baffles me that many dispensary owners do not know this. I have a Rosetta Stone mom and a Burmese Kush mom that I regularly take hundreds of cuttings from and sell them to dispensaries. I get a call at least once a week asking me why my clones are flowering. You’d think a dispensary owner would know stuff like that. Nope.

Sent from the grow room using my fingers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1