Clone Leaves Turning White

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jonb, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Some of the clones I have in my clone machine have leaves that are fully white.
    I have two T5 fluorescent bulbs above the machine.

In my other cloning batches I have never seen leaves turn white like this.
    However, I have experienced some other problems in other batches and I have trying to tweak some things so the problems may be related.

First off, the clones got attacked by powdery mildue since the machine is in a closet in the veg room (no door) but not enough airflow was getting in. Fixed this by putting fan at the entrance of the closet to blast some air through. This is all below the plant level so they won't experience too large of a draft.

Second, noticed some sort of blue/white fungus(?) attacking the clone's leaves, as well white flies found in veg room so they probably attacked the clones too. Fixed this by spraying neem oil on the clones though it was a bit late for most of them.

So this time we sprayed neem oil right after cloning, to ensure clones would be protected from whatever was attacking them in previous runs. We set the fan slightly lower than the clone level so that the wind wouldnt be directly on the clones when blasting air into the closet. All the clones seem okay other than those with white leaves. On our last load only 10/60 survived so I'm worried about the white leaves.

What could be causing the white leaves? And any suggestions on what other things could be causing me to lose so many clones (when I used rockwool cubes in a dome my success rate was much higher even though this machine is supposed to be more efficient at creating good clones).