Clone issues - decaying edges?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HinduKush420, Jun 13, 2021.

1. New to the forum. This is my 2nd year growing outside in a northwest climate. 1st year didn’t go to bad. I bought 11 clones last week and just put them in the ground yesterday after introducing them to the outside on and off. I didn’t water them much while they sat in cups just a little and I noticed while planting them the clones with the most roots looked the worse. I plan on getting the plants back in shape now that they are planted in the ground outside in good nutrient efficient soil in a nice sized hole. Before I planted them I dipped them in some rejuvenate soil. After I planted I watered them decent. My question is what is this from and how do I get the plants looking top notch from here.

Attached Files:

2. Next time I’d move them each to a couple gallon container of high quality soil and let them get healthy in the good soil and then put them into the ground in good sized holes dug and filled with more high quality soil.

You say that theyre in the ground - what did you do to prepare the ground theyre in and how big of holes did you dig?

j

3. Ok I’ll keep that in mind. I dug the 3 ft wide x 2.5 ft deep holes last year and I mix 3 different types of soil in the holes one is happy frog and fill the holes with the soil and throw some earthworms in. The ground around the plant holes full of soil is all turned dirt and clay that was leveled and then i put a tarp over on prevent other plants from growing and to keep the ground cool. These plants this year are in the same holes the plants were last year, but my last year crop wasnt bad but I knew I made a few mistakes on some plants. Just not sure what is causing the leaves to do that out of the cup like that maybe I just have to give it time. I grow in Michigan. The spot they grow in gets adequate sun and shade and I got the watering and nutrient down pat my biggest problem was keeping some insects away last year. I just hope these plants won’t die

4. Also the PH is good the water I use to water is well water

• Like Like x 1
  5. Next tine get your clones earlier so that you can put them in a 1-2 gallon container and get them good and healthy before they hit the ground.

I’d be patient if I were you - the clones dont look that bad. Give em another week or two and I bet they come to life.

j

6. Roger that, thank you!