Clone Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by partnooneicular, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    So, I am working on my first grow in a box i built into my closet. I started the three plants I have from seed, so I couldn't do a scrog grow, because I wasnt sure which of the plants are female. I would like to do scrog on my next grow, so I was planning on growing clones. The problem I ran into was if I take cuttings before I flower, or even a week or so into flowering, that still leaves like 2 months where the clones will be growing, and I don't have the money or room for a veg/clone box and a flowering box.
    I've been reading the forums on GrassCity, and came up with a plan that sounds good to me, although there might be a few things that I will have to pay extra attention to. My idea is this. A CFL grow in a rubbermaid tub. I was thinking CFL's because this will cause the plants to grow slower so I don't need a real large box. I would probably grow them in soil, and then transplant them into my hydro setup in the grow box I already have. So, the CFL box would basically be keeping the clones in slow growth while I flower the mother plants, then when the mothers are done flowering, I move the clones into my hydro system.
    I guess that's it. The biggest question I have is whether the CFL's will keep them alive (and shorter hopefully) during the months the mother plants are flowering.

2. Yes to survive weed only needs 15 watts per square foot. So a few CFL's on a mom will keep her alive. If you clone during 12/12 the clones will still root just not as fast from what I found. So if you want to flower the moms and root the clones in one room it can be done.

3. Would the CFL's cause the plants to grow slow enough to keep them in a rubbermaid tub? That's kinda why I wanted to go with CFL's, so I wouldn't need to build another large box for clones.

4. Maybe for a while, you can keep prunning it though.