clogged bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by LittleWing420, Mar 26, 2012.

1. So, I've been smoking out of my bong a lot lately and recently went dry so I decided to scrape my bowl. This is only my second time smoking res so i read up on it and took it all out and rolled it in a ball. Since i dont have a screen for my bong i just put some tobacco in first and propped it on top. Of course the tobacco burned way faster than the res and i ended up pulling the ball through and into the stem. I wasn't very high at this point so i tried hitting it again and i could see it burning in the stem. My concern is that i was torching an empy bowl and i dont know if its very safe. Advice? its still stuck in there by the way i got right ripped and couldnt even pull it through all the way.

2. Mean Green should dissolve it if you let it soak.

3. Poke it with a stick.

Or clean it with alcohol and salt.

Or maybe burn it with a lighter

4. What don't you think is safe? Lighting an empty bowl? I'm sure it wouldn't taste very good because your basically inhaling straight butane, but it ain't gonna kill you. As for the res stuck in the bowl, why don't you just scrape it out again?

5. Boiling iso and salt. And try to clean your piece more often. Don't be a dirty smoker.

And lol! Canadianbuds...stop spreading dumbass wivestales. You don't inhale any butane from using a lighter. Get educated.

6. Get educated? Your obviously the one that needs to get educated. Go get a real, triple refined butane lighter, or some hempline and go compare it to a shitty disposable Bic. There's a huuuge difference in how your green is going to taste. Maybe you should get educated, and stop calling people a dirty smoker if your one yourself.

7. thanks for the tips guys im gonna pull that fucker through today and clean my piece. happy smoking:smoke:

8. Lol yeah bro, you definitely inhale some butane when you use a lighter like that. That's why people use alternative methods of lighting such as hemp wick, glow rods, or soldering irons.

9. Lets get real, inhaling barely any butane isnt even a big deal.

If you bitch about using lighters, gtfo

10. [quote name='"CanadianBuds"']Get educated? Your obviously the one that needs to get educated. Go get a real, triple refined butane lighter, or some hempline and go compare it to a shitty disposable Bic. There's a huuuge difference in how your green is going to taste. Maybe you should get educated, and stop calling people a dirty smoker if your one yourself.[/quote]

Listen to yourself brother. Calm down and understand there is no truth to what you said. First off, stop making assumptions on how I smoke, where did you get that I was a dirty smoker from my post? Lol and what I was Saying is that fully combusted butane produces water and co2...incomplete combustion produces carbon monoxide and soot. No where in the equation does butane become a product. So yes...get educated. Because you actually believe there is a difference in taste lol...carbon monoxide is tasteless.

Oh yeah...your whole post is based off the fact that I use a bic lighter...which is a completely false assumption you just pulled out of your ass. Grow up. No need to be breaking out insults.

11. zing! unhelpful on my behalf i know, but it felt necessary:hello:

12. **FACEPALM** if you let your tube so get dirty its clogged.

13. He's not spreading wives tales. A lot of butane lighter fluid isn't combusted, not to mention all of the impurities.

Also, don't boil isopropyl alcohol. Iso is extremely flammable. You shouldn't even have it around an open flame.

Op, wash with hot water and salt, then iso and salt. If it is still stuck in there, leave it in straight iso (no salt) until it dissolves away.

14. Iso is fine around a low flame...and it boils at such a low temperature it literally takes 5-10 seconds on the flame. It makes it ten times easier to clean a super clogged piece, and I know many a people who use it to reclaim their oil rigs. I personally use a heating mat to boil mine but I've used a flame before and there is really nothing to worry about unless you're literally smoking right next to it.

You're inhaling the impurities, not the butane itself. The amount of combusted "impurities" you're smoking from the weed far outweighs a lighter. You inhale shit much worse by smoking one cigarette.