Clipper Lighter Acting Weird

Discussion in 'Toking Tools Q&A' started by DrGonzz420, Jan 14, 2018.

1. I refilled my clipper lighter with a can of whip-it XL butane, and now when I turn my lighter sideways my flame shoots out too nearly 3 inches long and the flame is hot that it is melting the plastic inside the lighter. Is this lighter defective, or is this normal? I hadn't used this lighter for years and found it in my drawer when my bic ran out of fluid, and I don't remember the flame shooting out so big you can cook a steak with it.

• Like Like x 1

2. All clippers do that if you tilt them at a certain angle, it's something to do with how the gas comes out the lighter

3. Like Brews said, the flame is meant to get bigger when you turn it upside down. It's meant for bowls. It sounds like you over filled it and it's burning hotter than it should because of that. A new one is filled up maybe 2/3 or 3/4 of the way. Fill any lighter all the way up and it's going to be a lot hotter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Is that why my clipper lighter started melting lol.

5. Yes.

6. Explains a lot. I had to throw it away, I have a special blue hand torch, and when I fill it up I always get big giant fireballs shooting out of it. It'll be good one second, then out of nowhere it's spitting flames twice the size it should be. Is this also because of over filling?

7. Could be the wrong type of gas, I've had blow torch style lighters before & when I've refilled some of them they fuck up & spit out fire/gas lol

8. It's not a lighter it's an actual torch. I use it for taking dabs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Don't fill up anything over 3/4 of the way. Really, 1/2 is what you want. It's got to have room for expansion.

10. Holy mother of Jah! I never knew you could refill clipper lighters I just been throwing them out after they don't work. :thankyou: I'm gonna buy myself another clipper.

11. lol Yeah, that's why you can change the flint in them. You know to disassemble them, right?

12. I do now but its all good I found an empty clipper on the garage floor lol. I refilled it and it works great.

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You