Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign donations if HRC elected

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bluntzilla420, Aug 19, 2016.

1. This is what Bill Clinton said. Actually, it's foreign governments and corporations. Rather, the family would only accept funds from American charities and independent citizens.

However, shouldn't the actual headline be, "Won't accept ANYMORE foreign donations"?

From the Boston Globe: "The Clinton Foundation appears to rely heavily on both foreign and corporate donations, though it’s unclear exactly how much of the group’s revenue comes from these sources.

Since the foundation’s inception, it has collected as much as $25 million from Saudi Arabia, as much as $10 million from Kuwait, and up to $5 million a piece from the Citi Foundation, Barclays Capital, and Exxonmobil.

Twenty-nine of the 30 companies on the Dow Jones exchange contributed to the foundation in some manner, according to a 2014 Bloomberg News report."

Also, The Globe reported last year that the Boston arm of the foundation saw grants from foreign governments nearly double in the years in which Clinton was running the State Department.

Sounds like political expediency. Or, as they say in politics, business as usual.

• Like Like x 1
  2. but why?
    it's such a great philanthropic entity that they are so proud of.
    why not take more donations to help starving people and all of the good things that they do?

Funny that they are so proud of this "foundation" that they did not mention it even once during that whole DNC.

Obama was smart to have her sign that waiver when he named her Sec of state. He knew there would be shady business.

3. #3 AugustWest, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    @Bluntzilla420 haven't talked since the primaries. we all knew it as rigged.

you must be pissed off how that all turned out.
    I'm no Bernie fan policy wise.. but i was really upset for his supporters who put time and money into a rigged system.
    and upset for any voter really, cause you know the RNC does the same shit..

• Like Like x 3
  4. I was surprised they made this announcement at all. What Bill Clinton said, "If Hillary wins the White House, the Clinton Foundation would only accept contributions from U.S. citizens and independent charities."

What I heard, "If Hillary wins the White House, the Clinton Foundation won't accept anymore sketchy contributions from foreign entities, but if Hillary doesn't win, well then fuck you all. We'll do what we want."

• Like Like x 2
  5. I got caught up in my own naivety. I think what he did was honorable in its intentions, and I still think some shit happened behind the scenes to get him to conform. Now, I could be wrong considering the alternative of Hillary is Trump. At the end of the day Democrats are more liberal, and we live in a socially liberal nation. All Dems really have to do to be progressive is literally not much haha, considering the GOP is living in 1954. That's just a fact. I wish I got my $30 back, though...

• Like Like x 1
  6. 96 % of the Clintons Foundation Charitable Contributions went to the Clintons

• Like Like x 4
  7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hillary Clinton is about as liberal as GW Bush.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I think what it really means is that you better hurry and pay up so you can get your name on her favor list.
    She is not going to accept anyone else After she gets elected

• Like Like x 4
  10. Well good, I was worried there'd be corruption but now I don't have to worry. What a relief

• Like Like x 4
  11. These two (Billie Bob the sex addict and Killery the habitual liar) have taken enough money into "The Clinton Foundation" by foreign low-lifes and thugs to support them quite nicely for the rest of their lives. So it's not exactly like she's doing anything here and since most every word out of her mouth has been PROVEN a lie....she's probably just doing as always and saying whatever she thinks she needs to to get somebody to vote for her. If you like the freedoms you still have in America, I would advise you to take a long look at what this woman is saying she will do if elected. If she does these things, the country I've known and loved my whole life will be fundamentally changed FOREVER. It's really hard to put the cat back in the bag once it's out and Obama has released lions on us for his whole 8 years in office. That great promise of "bringing change to America," was fulfilled over and over again as he attempted to saturate the American culture and belief system with his favorite group, the Muslims. Killery is too, is rumored to have early Parkinson's disease, wears a catheter everywhere she goes and couldn't tell the truth if her life depended on it. When you can't hold press conferences to answer questions about your so called "record" and "experience" because you've told so many lies that you can't remember enough to cover them, that's enough for me. Character is something that people don't have anymore...but it still means something to me. And though Donald Trump might not be my first choice, HC would be my VERY VERY LAST! In my mind, anyone with 3 working brain cells could see this. But sadly, this country has been falling in a hole for a long long time now and we have people here now who don't even know what it was like when it was really booming and great. It's time we brought profit back to US instead of sending it to the Middle East to pay for "favors." TWW

12. She's just pandering for votes, if they actually cared they would stop now.

13. I said Democrats, not Hillary.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 AugustWest, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Democrats aren't liberals anymore..
    They are the party of billionaires, banks, wall street, perpetual war and crazy progressive leftist pseudo-intellectual, politically correct wackos.

• Like Like x 6
  15. #15 Rotties4Ever, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    These people are so fucking detached from reality, they think if they somehow 'cheat' less, it will be alright. Pathological sociopaths, habitual liars. Clinton foundation cares as much about us citizens as they care for all the brown people they bomb for sitting on their precious oil and resources.
    Why cant we come collectively as a society and address the cancer that is leading us to oblivion?
    Are we really going to let a bunch of fat old detached sociopaths continue running world policies? You would think as a species we'd aim, thrive for something greater. All of we get are mediocre minds leading us that are concerned with their own narrow self interest.

edit- sounds just like the citizens who elect them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Carlin was a god, and a philosopher.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SMH. Does anyone really even try to fact check anymore? For so many "neutral" voters there seems to be a bunch of band wagon bashing going on. The Clinton's themselves don't even get any money from the foundation. 89% is a pretty respectable number. The article in it's whole is a very interesting read.

Where Does Clinton Foundation Money Go?

Fiorina and others are referring only to the amount donated by the Clinton Foundation to outside charities, ignoring the fact that most of the Clinton Foundation’s charitable work is performed in-house. One independent philanthropy watchdog did an analysis of Clinton Foundation funding and concluded that about 89 percent of its funding went to charity.

skip

“There is an important distinction between an operating foundation vs. a non-operating foundation,” Rosqueta told us via email. “An operating foundation implements programs so money it raises is not designed to be used exclusively for grant-making purposes. When most people hear ‘foundation’, they think exclusively of a grant-making entity. In either case, the key is to understand how well the foundation uses money — whether to implement programs or to grant out to nonprofits — [to achieve] the intended social impact (e.g., improving education, creating livelihoods, improving health, etc.).”

Craig Minassian, chief communications officer for the Clinton Foundation, said the Clinton Foundation is “an implementer.”

“We operate programs on the ground, around the world, that are making a difference on issues ranging from poverty and global health to climate change and women’s and girls’ participation,” Minassian told us via email. “Many large foundations actually provide grants to the Clinton Foundation so that our staff can implement the work.”

Asked for some examples of the work it performs itself, the Clinton Foundation listed these:

• Clinton Development Initiative staff in Africa train rural farmers and help them get access to seeds, equipment and markets for their crops.
    • Clinton Climate Initiative staff help governments in Africa and the Caribbean region with reforestation efforts, and in island nations to help develop renewable energy projects.
    • Staff at the Clinton Health Access Initiative, an independent, affiliated entity, work in dozens of nations to lower the cost of HIV/AIDS medicine, scale up pediatric AIDS treatment and promote treatment of diarrhea through life-saving Zinc/ORS treatment.
    • Clinton Health Matters staff work with local governments and businesses in the United States to develop wellness and physical activity plans.

• :smoke:

18. lol, you forgot to mention the 500,000 dollar speeches bill gave that the foundation paid for its on their taxes.

19. Do you have a non-biased link?
    How much speech money have the Clintons given to the foundation?
    :smoke:

20. you mean do I have one from the liberal side?
    As far as I can tell there is no non bias news. Glad I ran into you though cause your a straight shooter and I have a couple questions. How do the democrats cover what Obama did sneaking money out the back door without calling it treason? and how do we sit by and know for sure Hillary lied to fbi but its ok. Martha stuart can just fuck off she should have married a Clinton right? :laughing: this shit is so crazy to me I try to understand and it seems impossible.

• Like Like x 1