clinical depression?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vitamin 420, Mar 6, 2009.

1. I've been clicking random links in wikipedia articles for the past twenty minutes, and I got to an article on depression, which they defined as:

And I think I match all of those (except the crying part :rolleyes:). Now that I'm looking around google for depression symptons, I think I match all of them. My life has been affected by literally every single criteria for what "depression" is that I've looked at so far, and it makes sense to me. Should I get help, or brush the past 20 years of my life under the rug by smoking enough weed to make me forget about all of the bullshit?

2. If you think herb will make you forget the important stuff, the real stuff, you'd better keep puffing.

3. get a counselor, and unless you HAVE to, dont accept any drugs.

people say that people with depression have neurological issues, well 99% of people dont, and cannot be cured by being pumped full of drugs

4. It takes listening to your heart.

5. hay,just find a konfy spot and try to relax,check this out,this worked for me,of course our situation may be a lil diff,man was i going thru some really bad times,take your self to the quiet place no noise,no people all alone,lay down flat on your back,arms by your side,close your eyes,for 5 minutes,be perfectly still,first clear your mind,completly,5 minutes,next clear your heart, for real, void your heart of feelings,5 minutes,sounds sorta hard at first,but you will get better at it as time goes on, laying perfectly still,your mind empty of all thoughts,all and any thing must be cleared,this is a must,heart all so empty of all hurt pain alone all of it, listen for the silence,feel for the nothing,the empty,the hallow,lay completly still,wait for it,dont rush dont think dont feel dont see dont anything. just lay there. slow your breath slow slower slower relax relax closed eyes hold it just hold it.if you do this completly as said you will start to see and feel,FACT.time tested, it will make you feel new. write back your feelings okay. keep an open mind,i know this will work for you.Good luck. Your friend:wave:

6. PROTIP:

list off natural sad feelings on wikipedia depression page to trick a silly stoner:devious:

7. if you're so sure those are natural feelings maybe you should ask yourself the question..?

anyway. Got any good friends you can talk to? What I find helps the most when I'm down is having a sesh with a really close mate and just talking. about whatever aye. but it helps, man. interaction,it's the shit.hah. Yeah and smoking buds to forget shit is apparently a bad idea. Except it always worked for me, sooo... up to you haha. But remember, there's shit you'll never forget, no matter how much you blaze and try to forget it.

8. I work around people that are essentially zombies because of the amount of psychiatric drugs they're on. Most drugs fix the symptoms, not the problem, so you really have to look deep down into yourself and see if maybe something is just bumming you out, or if your brain just isn't working right.

Go out and enjoy the sunshine. Yeah, it's cold and blah blah, but there's no better cure for sadness than some sunlight. Start exercising, get your diet in order, and many times most things just fall into place. If all you do is sit around inside a dark house smoking and just go through the motions then yeah, you're gonna feel down.

9. I also fit all of those except the crying part. I don't think I'm depressed. I'm not really sad and usually in a pretty chipper mood but I am terrible unmotivated and directionless atm.

10. Natural: having these feelings once in a while. And feeling them disappear after a week or so.

Not Natural: having these feelings ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME.

11. take some acid or shrooms.

12. #13 Vitamin 420, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    The real stuff, the important stuff for me, is not what I'm trying to forget. It's what I want to do with my life, so smoking helps me forget about the past twenty years of my existence and focus on what I hope to become.

How?

I've been doing karate three times a week for almost 13 years, I'm plenty active enough. There's nothing wrong with my diet or how I live, it's just like... fuck, I don't know how to describe it. It's not a state of mind and it's not a mood, nor is it an emotion... it's like a dark blanket over absolutely everything. It seems as if the only consistencies in my life are the disheartening ones, and I rarely stumble upon an opportunity to be happy with reality, and if I do I know it's going to be a a short-lived experience. I don't necessarily find that disturbing, because I can deal with it if I have something to look forward to... but now I'm starting to debate whether or not I'll ever be truly happy in life.

How does this help?

13. Sounds like me. Almost everyday all day i think about death and horrible thoughts. It could be worse believe me. I lost all motivation to do anything and just slept all day. until one day I said fuck this and forced myself to do the stuff i liked to do. After make a routine of it i just simply forgot about being depressed. I dont know im really baked right now.

14. thats silly, no offense. i used to think i was depressed too, i would take these medical quizzes and everything and they all told me i had clinical depression.. i went to a shrink (waste of money) and then my parents sat me down and told me that we all have to deal with lifes ups and downs, and that it's completely normal to be unhappy sometimes. i dont think you should be worried, most people actually do fit the symptoms but it doesnt necessarily mean they're depressed.

15. Well, this isn't something I've just kind of thought up, it's starting to affect all the areas of my life... my boss from work thinks something is up, the guys from my karate dojo are wondering what's going on with me, and my close friends are starting to think something's up too. It's not like I'm doing anything weird/different, it's just ... me. It's who I am after the past twenty years of my life, and it's very hard to change it

16. I've been thinking I might be depressed also. I don't think meds are gonna help me. So, I'm just going to keep smoking and try to be happy. If you really think something is wrong though, you should get help.

17. If you are depressed, you will know it. It becomes something you really get a grasp on when you know have it. Drugs do help though. I would disagree that weed is better than taking prescription drugs. Weed hides the problem whereas these drugs are made to correct an imbalance, not cover any symptoms at all. That being said, everyone should find out whats right for them.