Cliff Jumping!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by jimb013, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Just and stumbled across my pictures from last summer cliff jumping in upstate New York. Its the coldest its been in my town thus far this winter and man do I miss cliff jumping! Ithaca NY has some amazing and beautiful places to jump ranging from 10-95 ft. The waterfalls are amazing and of course blazing and hiking through the woods is always a fun time:smoke:

Any enthusiasts here?
    Where do you all go?

PottersFallsLg.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I jumped a 60 foot cliff over the summer. It was so awesome but i took me a minute to get my courage up.

What made it even cooler was the fact that this place used to be a quarry of some sort. All of the pits have filled up with water and it has reacted with the clay and turned an insane color blue. I wish i would have gotten a picture

3. Where was this, it sounds amazing! Anything 60ft and higher I still take a minute to mentally prepare mysel, its terrifying because it can be dangerous at those heights but thats all part of the thrill:D

4. Dude I live in the wonderland of cliffjumping and also bridge jumping. Just chill out on the lake, get wasted, jump off some cliffs for fun.
    Heres the only pic i gots.
    Copper Canyon, probably 40ft. The largest ive jump is in a local marshland called suicide rock, which is roughly 85ft. You gotta wear shoes and clinch them cheeks because water goes up.

Attached Files:

5. :) lol。。。

6. Its in SC. I didn't think it was tall enough to hurt, but once I hit the water my feet hurt so bad:p

7. I alwayse go barefoot, especially at larger heights. its hard to imagine that a shoe can have a significant impact on surface area compared to barefoot while jumping in the water... but it does. shoes always hurt my feet/ankles a lot more than barefoot.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knCSeRZCTXM&feature=related]YouTube - Cliff Dive Fail[/ame]