Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clearing the piece

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skyhigh0311, Jun 3, 2010.

1. So as I was sitting here I was thinking about how many other people like to clear the pipe at the end of the hit via the carb. I personally like doing this becuase in all seriousnes stale smoke = no good. But it seems some people dont know how to correctly use the carb and just hit the bowl without ever clearing. I personally think its proper to let the next person smoke fresh smoke and not stale smoke.
    How many people are with me?

2. I second that

3. At least they know there's a carb. I smoked a friend of a friend up for the first time this weekend when I was already high and forgot to tell him about the carb for the entire first bowl.

4. clearing the piece is a topic that is seldom brought up in my group of stoners.. my opinion on it is, that if you have the ability to, you should clear the pipe, it's etiquette with your fellow tokers, and it's more smoke for you.. it's a win-win.. i find that when i smoke alone though i tend to not clear my pipe as much... stay blazed bro

5. Why wouldn't you clear it.........:poke:

6. On a side note, where does the carb hole lead to on a pipe? I'm making my own, and I'd like to work one in. Obviously it leads into the stem, but below the bowl or further down the stem?

7. Usually its located where your thumb would naturally be resting while holding your bowl.

on a bong that has a carb and not a slider I think its located on the back of the stem towards the bottom.

8. I know where it is on the exterior of the pipe, but I was wondering where (specifically) it leads the air to. Cause if I don't get that right, the stem won't clear properly.

9. I didn't know that people didn't clear pipes... I ALWAYS clear it and so does everyone I've ever smoked with... well, everyone who was to my right in the circle :p

10. it leads into the area in between the bowl and your mouth. its not really rocket science.
    No offense

11. Of course. I thought people that didn't clear just didn't know how, or they start coughing before they even start to clear :p

12. Nah man, I take no offense. I'm aware of where the stem is, yes. I just didn't know if it would make a difference if it was directly below the bowl or further down. Thanks for the help.

13. thanks for not taking offense as none was trying to be given.
    Now that I understand your question better, the carb should and is usually located right under the bowl so that all the smoke is cleared out.