Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clearing The Chamber Burns

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by master_kief, Aug 25, 2014.

1. So most of the time when I smoke out of a pipe I can take gigantic hits and be fine until I release the carb. Even with baby hits as soon as I release I almost start coughing and one time I shot the weed out of the bowl because I coughed, I was alone though so thank god. Does this happen to any of you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You get used to it.

3. Some weed is smoother than others, save weed and load single hits.

4. Yes it has happened to me during seshes and i was embarrassed (this all took place when I was a noob in high school). Today, I know when I'm pulling too  much and i back off the bong without clearing it. Nobody like a coughing fit during a sesh.

5. I don't cough for a long time or anything it just like 3 coughs but it burns

6. everyone does it a few times :)

but yes if it's burning like fuck, that means your doing it right, "the more ya cough the more ya get off."

7. I use to take huge rips and cough up a lung, now I hate that shit, I will avoid any large hit to throw me into a coughing attack it ruins the smoke session because it feels like my throat has a rip in it for the next hour. I like doing bigger dabs though, they take my breath away rather than coughing and hurting my throat

8. Also if I don't release the carb I'm perfectly fine and can take bigger hits without coughing.

9. its cuz when you release the carb your inhaling all the smoke, thus causing you to cough
    you'll get use to it.. Once you stop being a pussy!

10. you're inhaling more smoke before you open the carb. :confused_2:

11. ik of course you do. I dont think you understand tho haha

12. Hit a bong and watch the smoke after you clear it. You also get some stale smoke I imagine upon clearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. If you've been smoking an extended period of time, then you're probably just taking big hits.

I know from years of smoking and having hit dozens of pipes, bongs etc. that every piece has a point it hits that beyond which, clearing it is gonna burn. It's because the more smoke that builds up the denser it gets the hotter it gets, and when you follow hot air with cold air by clearing, it's gonna burn like a motherfuck due to the rapid change.

Take smaller hits.

14. Before you release the carb, make sure you're inhaling slowly. When you release, inhale faster to clear the smoke faster then remove your mouth and inhale a bit of fresh air too. I find this helps because it only burns for a little bit and the fresh air suppresses the cough.
    If your using a bong, just put some ice in the water.

15. coughing blows/sucks

16. Let the smoke slowly enter your lungs, and then slowly breathe it out.
    You get used to the coughing, you could also start loading single hits...
    I used to cough out my lungs when I took a hit from my bong, but now It's smooth as fuck. 
    Get used to the rough feeling in your throat, sometimes all it takes is just some willpower.   :bongin:

17. Exactly. I don't cough anymore. Fat dab or fat bowl. I'm not bragging, but it's true. I don't try to hold it in or anything. I just can't cough from smoke anymore. Yesterday, I cleared two bowls in one hit (with a torch) and I should have been coughing, especially after I held it in for 3 seconds before going lightheaded and seeing stars.

18. #18 wumboshouse, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    delete

That's fucking nice, man. When I'm hitting my bong and it's cherried... Could get messy   :smoking:
    I like being lightheaded after taking a fat hit   :bongin:

20. #20 master_kief, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    I thought you smoked brownies, not dabs :confused_2: