Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clearing thc from your system(not for a drug test)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by grrtt78, Mar 23, 2010.

1. I have been smoking for about 2 years but just a few months ago began smoking (actually vaporizing) most every day. I am beginning to feel mentally slower and have a much harder time formulating and expressing my thoughts. A friend gave me some piracetam to try which I have been taking for two days and am not sure if it works.

If it does not work I plan to take a few weeks off and clear my system. What advice could you all give me to speed up this process? I have found a great deal online but only in regards to drug testing and was wondering if anything would be different. If not I plan to just drink a whole lot of water and give it time.

I am about 5'10" 180 lbs and run and lift weights 4 times a week.

My questions are:
    1. Has anyone tried piractam in this way?
    2. How long would it take to clear my system?
    3. Does anyone have any tips for speeding up this process?

Thanks for your time guys, this is my first post on any weed forum and I am excited to hear what you all have to say.

2. Put a vacuum on your dick. It will suck all the THC out of your system. True story.

3. thanks man that was really helpful.

4. You know what? Sadly I almost feel the same... I never understood what the term burnout meant before... but after smoking everyday for about a year.. (about 28 grams a week to my dome) I find that I am alot slower... my brother is the only person to notice though.. I am almost afraid to enter university.. might have to stop smoking then

5. stop smoking?

6. it aint the weed...

what you're experiencing is psychological and 100% controllable. don't be weak minded and blame it on marijuana.

7. This. Its just your brain. Realize that it is your thought, not the marijuana doing it

8. #8 junkyarddog, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    ive felt the opposite since i started smokin 2yrs ago but idk...i guess everyone is different

edit: i sort of agree w/ the 2 guys above me a lot of that stuff is psychological

9. I appreciate most of this feedback, thanks guys.

However, I do not know if it is simply psychosomatic, but I really feel slower. I am on my final year of college and I currently have around a 3.7 GPA. I have always been very intelligent and articulate and have noticed that I simply can not think as quickly and have a much harder time articulating my thoughts.

I know weed hurts your short term memory and I think this may be the reason.

Also I am wondering though what you mean when you say it is psychological.

Assuming it is simply short term memory loss, would stopping smoking for a while to clear out my system help?

10. I think we are both experiencing the same thing... I can best describe it as always feeling WAY overtired, like if someone says something even remotely confusing it takes me an abnormal amount of time to comprehend it.

11. There are plenty of other things that can make you feel this way, too. Why not take a t-break for a few days, and see how you feel? Meanwhile, make sure that you're getting a good night's sleep every night, eating right, and staying hydrated. If tolerance is an issue, than you should see a difference after a few days

12. This^^^ i get the same feeling of just kinda tired and mentally slower than i used to be before i started tokin up like a year and a half ago. i think im gonna take a week or two break and see what that does

13. If you do not see improvement with stopping cannabis you may wish to consider consulting a physician to rule out other causes such as anemia, mono, etc? Being a college student can be very stressful, and you're exposed to a lot of transmissible diseases.

14. When I say that I feel way overtired, I dont mean only when Im high either. It could be any sober part of the day... and I find myself just kind of zoning out alot more now... lately I have been guilty of just staring into space and people can call my name and I wont notice for a few seconds... just stuff like that I NEVER used to do that.

15. This^^^ i get the same feeling of just kinda tired and mentally slower than i used to be before i started tokin up like a year and a half ago. i think im gonna take a week or two break and see what that does

16. I noticed that to from 6th grade to 96h Grade i felt a whole lot stuppider

17. I expect so, since you were in school for 112 years!:eek:

18. i know the daydreaming feeling but i feel like i dont just zone out i have crazy day dreams all the time, and ive become more de personalized, but definitely not stupider....its definitely all in your head though

19. I just assumed it was the weed directly since it seemed to coincide with my "mental decline". However I could see it being an indirect cause. I usually smoke at night which may hurt my sleep quality or something like that. I could also just have lingering effects as a result of my increase of use.

I have seem huge improvements with my depression since i started smoking, way better than Prozac, so I really do not wish to stop (plus I love doing it) but do you all think stopping for a few weeks would help?

20. maybe but u would have to wait about a month(depending on your weight) for it to completely leave your body
    i normally smoke about everyday but i am currently on day 5 of my tolerance break and honestly...my body feels pretty sluggish, my brain & mind feel slightly faster and more "normal" but when it comes to deeply analyzing something or some of the far out shit it think about when im high i just cant seem to do it easily