Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clearing something up

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Andrewzeppelin, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Now, I'm no genius, but I've been hearing a lot of people say over and over again that seems to go against what I have learned.

THC does not have to have heat applied to be "activated".

1. People report eating raw pot doesn't work not because it is not activated but because plant matter is difficult to digest, therefor little to no THC is absorbed.

2. Cannabutter and similar marijuana foods do not work because they are cooked, therefore activating THC, the because butter/fatty ingredients leach the THC out of the pot and make it easier to digest and absorb.

3. Smoking marijuana does not work because the flame activates the THC. During the combustion of the plant matter, along with all of the other smoke ingredients, THC becomes a gas and is inhaled, being absorbed by the lungs.

If there is some big flaw in my reasoning, please let me know. I think this makes more sense than a chemical having to be "activated" to have an effect on a person.

2. This is true. :smoking:

3. nice to see at least one person on here agrees

4. :confused:

5. what part confuses you?