Clearing a monster gravity bong in one hit?.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Shaggie, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Me and my buddies are planning to go up to a cabin in the rockies this summer and attempt to smoke more weed then ever before in our lives. One of our long term objectives for the trip is to be able to clear a 5 gallon gravity bong in one hit. I am a little pessimistic about the idea though, I am having mis-beliefs about the plausibility of the idea. The apparatus would be a 5g water dispensing jug (the type you see in offices or in a waiting room) and probably a regular bong bowl (like 3 grams being one hit out of the monster). Do you think it would be possible?, the average human lung capacity is 6 liters (non-athletic adult) there are 20 liters in five gallons. There are lots of ways to condition the lungs to be able to hold more air but most of the ways that I know are for athletic training, would those types of methods work fine, seems like I would have to do something extra to be able to hold all of that smoke. Also, what do you think the outcome would be if one of us was to pass out while tackling this great feat. I am kinda worried about passing out during a bad coughing fit (the kind of coughing fit where you can't inhale at all).

Any other input is greatly appreciated.

2. I can picture the nasty yellow stale smoke filled jug now but anyway sounds like fun your gonaa get ripped

• Like Like x 1
  3. I guess its possible, but to think of doing that makes my lungs want to collapse. My lung capacity is pretty weak :(

You gonna get high man :hello:

4. [quote name='"ghostonvacation"']I guess its possible, but to think of doing that makes my lungs want to collapse. My lung capacity is pretty weak :(

You gonna get high man :hello:[/quote]

Ha I was thinking the same thing, my chest hurt just reading this. Honestly You probably won't be able to clear it in one hit.

5. Have fun, but be careful. I always cringe when i see someone take such huge hit that they have to hold in coughs and spazz out. If your 5 foot 5 and slightly out of shape, don't try to compete with a 6 foot 2 swimmers lung capacity, you'll just end up hurting your self and getting super lizard eyes.

6. Not possible you can't hold that much air and if you could force it down your lungs would explode. If u have ever smoked a vape with a bag it's like trying to inhale a big bag of vapor which isn't possible let alone the volume of smoke in that 5gal is gonna make it harder to inhale it and it will be harsh cause it's like a steam roller hit. But GL

7. you'll die from marijuana overdose

8. I've cleared a gallon in on hit by myself. Here's the vid. Only thing is you can't completely get 100% of the smoke due to the hole at the bottom not diffusing the incoming air even throught the jug.

You'll probably never have a 5 gallon lung compacity.

click for vid:

[​IMG]

9. I've never taken a grav bong that size, but I suppose if there is a way to condition yourself, athletically or otherwise, I think it would be worth it just to see what you can do. I'm personally a swimmer and cyclist, so I have a pretty decent lung capacity myself, but shit, 20 litres is a lot man.

10. It's a ton but I think that it would be possible. I have been training kung fu for quite a few years now and the things you can do with your lungs is pretty incredible.

When we actually attempt it I will film it so you guys can laugh at my failed attempt.

11. idk man i bike and can hold my breath atleast 2 min + and i barely got that gallon.

12. 5gallon is like the size of your torso so unless your Kung Fu can make you like balloon have fun wasting smoke

• Like Like x 1
  13. lung capacity of average human is 6 liters. Doubt you could even rip a grav that big, let alone 5 gallons

Best bet for a 5 gallon grav is to put it in a swimming pool, rip it and swim under neath and hang out in there for awhile. Done before and was awesome.... until we realized how hard it was to hold it in place for so long as to let everyone get a try

14. I clear a 3 liter bottle regularly no problem, but the thought of clearing a full 5 gallon jug (~20 liters) makes my face implode.

I tried a 3 gallon bottle out of a trash can one time and clearing it wasn't even an option.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've hit a gravity bong just like you are talking about. It took 5 of us to clear it and there was extra smoke left. We all spent the next 5 minutes coughing our way out of the bathroom.

I'd just say skip it. There is no way in hell you will clear it.

16. Why not just take a bunch of normal sized hits? You can't inhale anywhere near 5 gallons so might as well not waste a shit ton of weed.

17. Put a shit load of ice in the water!

18. ^no never use ice water in a grav. Honestly use slightly warm water about 1/2-3/4 of shower temp. Don't say it doesn't work until you try it lol

19. [quote name='"Zr-01stamg"']^no never use ice water in a grav. Honestly use slightly warm water about 1/2-3/4 of shower temp. Don't say it doesn't work until you try it lol[/quote]

Why would that help though?

20. The steam makes it way smoother. Since there's steam it is floating in the smoke and more water contact = more cooling.