Clear Headed high VS. Couch lock high?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by IgorHealy7, Mar 29, 2015.

1. People keep talking about how you get a different type of high when you vaporize weed, rather then if you smoke it.

Can someone please explain it too me?

2. I've been smoking damn near 16 years, and I've only vaped twice. The high was noticeably different though, more of that clear headed haha high.

3. Mack D Rockefeller, what does the clear headed high feel like tho? If you could describe it.

4. Alert, coherent, with moments of randomness. It's not to say you're any less high because you're feeling alert/clear headed, it's just a different buzz.

5. Thank you! Finally someone that makes sense to me. 👍

6. I've been smoking for nearly 2 decades, vaped a good amount of time as well.

For ME, vaping highs feel watered down. I always have to smoke a real bowl after vaping.

However, with my 30 watt vape, and dripper atomizer, i can get a pretty good high off 1 or 2 hits.

7. How long does your high usually last?

8. Now?

If I vape, sometimes I'm not even sure I'm high, so I'll vape again and again, it's not as long IMO as smoking.

When I smoke, my high lasts about 30 minutes, maybe 1 hour if it's some stinky stinky shit.

9. Haha good to know!

10. Funny....Me too!!! Sometimes I am not sure if the vaping even got me high. Vaping is a WEIRD high to me. It became that way over time. At first it was novel and I liked it,,, then the high dropped off.

11. I vape with my Pax and yes the high is a bit cleaner. I don't like to use head high or body high, because even with the vape I can get different highs depending on strains.

I'd say that vaping is more gradual and I don't get couch lock as often. In that sense it's a cleaner high for me. I rarely smoke instead of vape but when I do I can tell the difference. Smoking it just gives me more of the negative side effects.

12. #12 hitops, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    ^^ very well said strain plays a huge role. I'm a bit confused about sleepingblades post 

I've been smoking for nearly 2 decades, vaped a good amount of time as well. 
    For ME, vaping highs feel watered down. I always have to smoke a real bowl after vaping.

However, with my 30 watt vape, and dripper atomizer, i can get a pretty good high off 1 or 2 hits.

​The other times you vaped was it on a proper vaporizer or with a exposed coil like you mentioned in your last sentence? Exposed coil like that with herb setting direct on it is just combustion. Maybe I'm reading it wrong..

13. it's quite longer but since you haven't quit smoking for at least two weeks you won't get the full effects

14. Aside from strain, a few factors affect your vape high as well.

I feel that the temp you vape at has a major effect on what type of high you experience. Different chemicals volatilize at different temps.

Higher temps will release things that bring you to that same couch lock place that smoking does.

15. #15 howie105, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    1flyfisher "Sometimes I am not sure if the vaping even got me high."

You worked your way through 3 MFLBs and a Vapman and you were unable to tell if you were high? Dude you have to be doing something wrong or are you going to stick with, not my fault and the vapes were bad?

16. I don't like feeling tired and burned out so I vape and don't feel lethargic at all. The high just wears off without needing a 2 hour nap by noon lol.