Cleaning your spoon pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Elliot Plur, Jan 14, 2014.

1. #1 Elliot Plur, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    Okay, I don't have pictures or anything, but here's a simple step-by-step to cleaning your dirty spoon pipe.

What you'll need:
    -your pipe
    -a bowl (like, for cereal or whatever)
    -salt
    -plastic bag
    -rubbing alcohol (Isopropryl; higher alcohol content works best, I use 70%)
    -paper towel
    -cotton swabs (let's call them W-tips to avoid using brand names wink wink)

1) Fill a bowl full of hot water, make sure the water is fairly deep to hold its temperature for a while. It can be as hot as just below boiling to warm tap water.
    2) Place your pipe bowl-up in the water, make sure to move it around a bit to get all the air bubbles out.
    3) Let it sit for a while. Minimum 5-10 minutes. I leave mine in for almost an hour, just to really let it soak. If you want to, soak overnight, whatever.
    4) Use small scraps of wadded paper towel to clean the bowl of your pipe, just gently mash it into the bowl and twist it, but don't push too hard otherwise you may break the glass (yes it can happen)
    5) Use your W-tips to get any remaining pieces of resin in the bowl, don't be afraid to get them suckers wet and kinda get those little globs of stubborn resin
    6) Put a bunch of salt in the bag, not too much, but about a tablespoon or two
    7) Add rubbing alcohol to the salt, as much as it would take to fully submerge your pipe within the bag
    8) Shake the bag. 5-10 minutes, hell go 15 if you're really trying to clean your pipe up, or if it's really fuggin dirty.
    9) Take your pipe out, run it under some hot water for a couple seconds, let the water go through the carb hole a bit. Make disgusted faces at brown or even black liquid remaining in the bag.
    10) Soak your pipe in water again, for about 5-10 minutes. just to get any extra salt/alcohol out of it.
    11) Take your pipe out, rub it down with a paper towel, let it air dry for a while
    12) Your pipe is now as clean as it was when you first brought it home (or got in the car if you're impatient with your new glass)

2. Um sir? Pretty sure everyone knows that you clean pipes with salt and rubbing alcohol.. It's like saying how to make a sandwich. It's basic stoner knowledge in the city :)

3. [quote name="H.B.N.B.209" post="19336072" timestamp="1389669885"]Um sir? Pretty sure everyone knows that you clean pipes with salt and rubbing alcohol.. It's like saying how to make a sandwich. It's basic stoner knowledge in the city :)[/quote]Haha you'd think, but I've seen it asked more then once around here. OP I find steps 1-5 to be kinda pointless. I just toss a pipe in a bag with salt and iso. Just let it sit a little longer in the bag. Then washit out with hot water and maybe a pipe cleaner.

4. I actually boil my bowl instead of using salt/alcohol.

5. [quote name="foxforcefive" post="19377041" timestamp="1390267843"]I actually boil my bowl instead of using salt/alcohol.[/quote]Bad for your piece man. That can cause micro cracks, which could lead to a break down the road. Same thing happens after you've used a pipe for so long. One day you might go to clean it with a poker and then it's cracked halfway up the actual Bowl portion. This is personal experience and what I've read up trying to figure it out. You save the resin or something? That's the only reason I could see boiling it. Even then it still makes a pot nasty and resin is gross. But whatever floats your boat, blade.

6. No I don't smoke resin. But I never knew about the micro crack thing, thanks for the heads up man.

7. Number 9 sounds like a sexual health thing

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. [quote name="M3DICIN3MAN420" post="19336174" timestamp="1389670828"]Haha you'd think, but I've seen it asked more then once around here. OP I find steps 1-5 to be kinda pointless. I just toss a pipe in a bag with salt and iso. Just let it sit a little longer in the bag. Then washit out with hot water and maybe a pipe cleaner.[/quote]I included steps 1-5 just because I personally find it to loosen up any set in resin (my mad rhymes at work)And just clean a little better. Im not saying this is the mandatory way to clean one's pipe. But that's what I find to work the absolute best.

9. Acetone is better imo, you can let it evaporate then ya got a nice little supply of res to smoke!

10. DO NOT SMOKE RESIN SOAKED IN ACETONE. or resin soaked in alcohol. if you smoke resin just smoke the dry tar stuff scraped from the pipe.

does nobody remember 2010? back when spice was really popular the dissolve the Jhb (I think that's the synthetic THC) in to acetone then spray the mixture on to the marshmallow leaf.

I've seen kids dying in the pediatric icu because they smoked spice and acetone.

BasedgodDank

11. you have to wait for the acetone to be completely evaporated. It is highly volatile and will do so with the correct length of time. I would never smoke something that actually had acetone in it for that reason you stated

12. Why not? sounds like a blast.
    *dum tss*