Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning your bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FuckBeerGetWeed, Feb 12, 2011.

1. How do you properly clean your bowl thoroughly? I run water through it after each session, but I heard that you should clean it with alcohol every once in a while as well.

2. You reminded me to clean my bowl :D . The method I usually use to get the bowl clean is to just use a paper clip/allen wrench/something with some sturdiness and able to scrape a bowl. I use this method when I'm trying to get the resin out of it so I can use it when I'm out (which I am now). This is the only method I'm familiar with just because every bit counts (at least to me). I try to get the resin out slowly/carefully so I don't scratch the bowl and just scrape it onto a note card or other disposable surface because this stuff ruins whatever it touches almost. It takes ages to get off the hands. Hope this helps.

3. 91% iso alcohol and salt. when you shake your piece, the salt acts as an abrasive while the alcohol cleans. once the water gets dirty dump it (or strain and let dry to collect resin) and repeat till clean. im impatient so only did mine for a few minutes total and got some tough spots with a q-tip and it turned my extremely dirty Medicali spoon to its original glistening clear. give it a shot. you have salt in your house and iso is like 2 bucks a bottle.

4. Use acetone. NOTHING cleans better. It works like literally 20x than alcohol. you don't need to scrub or anything. pour a little in, shake and rinse out with water afterwards. your piece will be brand new in like 30 seconds.

5. there's a sticky on this (too lazy to link haha..stoned. but its at the top in toking tools i believe)

6. I usually just put it in boiling water and scrape it with a skinny tool. As it stands, my piece isn't really nice enough to clean any other way. The other ideas people have posted work much, much more efficiently.

7. Buy some Iso Alcohol 91%, and some pipe cleaners. Leave your piece soaking in the alcohol solution for 2+ hours or however many it takes. Then rinse with warm water and use some fuzzy pipe cleaners.

8. Thankyou all. Gonna go clean then:smoke: again haha

9. Ay dios mio....what the hell is the point of a sticky???

10. i got a small Tupperware container with simple green in it i just put it in there for 24 hrs. and use another one, next day rinse it out spotless

11. Guide to bowl cleaning success

-put your bowl in a ziplock baggie
    -Fill baggie with enough isopropyl alcohol to submerge bowl completely.
    -Shake it up real nice. the ALC should be black and nasty.
    -Dump out ALC and wash bowl out with water (no ALC left)
    -repeat if necessary

12. ^ AKA salt and iso only 10x the price!!!

13. dont do that water after every sesh thing. when your pipe starts getting alot of res building up inside run 91%+ alcohol through it, save the black liquid that it turns into. Put it on a glass plate and let the ISO evap then scrape it up. Now al that resin that was building is on the plate, scrape with a razor and when you have no bud youll have some res to smoke.

14. Word man I been using the same liquid in it for like 5 months and it still leaves my pieces spotless. Simple Green is at the top right next to Grunge Off.