Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning your bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Gibson01919, Jan 14, 2013.

1. [quote name='"BluntCheefa"']I never cleaned a bowl in my life. I aint got no time for dat i just let it res up it still hits fine[/quote]

I feel bad for your lungs god damn, not trying to offend you just am baffled at that. Nothing like hitting a freshly clean pipe.. Well I guess a new pipe but hush your mouth haha

2. of course you deserve to spend your money how ever you like you worked your ass off for it.

Thats not how i ment ignorance.

What i ment was...

you can buy 1 bong or bowl and clean it using my cleaning tutorial. About 10-15+ cleanings costs $1.

This cleaning method cleans it so good that your pipe will look so new you could bring it to the airport tied around your neck lol (just an example to show you how clean it will be) Thus it will be brand new once again. Reincarnation :smoking:

Then you dont have to waste lets say $40 on a new piece every month or so.

In a year if you buy a bowl lets say every 2 months, your buying 6 bowls a year. Thats easily a half oz and a quarter of fire or 3 oz of mids free...

idk man its your money spend it how ever you like. I just hate seeing a fellow stoner waste money....

Thats like saying you throw away all your glass plates and cups in the kitchen after eating on it or drinking with it then go buy new ones because you have money. When all you have to do is a simple clean and they can be used again you know?

just blaze on
    :bongin:
    Mr x nice guy

3. [​IMG]

4. I see where you're coming from. It's more a new spoon every 3 months or so. It's nice having a new piece to smoke out of, I get bored of my old pieces so it's pretty much an upgrade.

I appreciate your concern about my wasting money, but weed and weed related products is probably the least concern of my money wasting. I will give your cleaning tutorial a shot with my bong though. It is in dire need of a cleaning

5. Bongs are much easier to clean than pipes. A pipe needs to be submerged in a bag, and all that shit. With a bong, you just dump your goodies in and shake away.

6. No with my trick you put the bowl in the bag with alcohol and salt and shake for 30 secs and its brand new again. Check my tutorial out if your interested

7. I feel ya,

i like getting a new piece every few months also but i dont throw away the old ones :D.

I just clean it and put it away then maybe one day when im bored of the new one the old one will seem new again! if that makes any sense lol

8. No, I'm well aware, I've cleaned a few pipes myself. I just mean the fact that you need a bag, you gotta zip it up, theres a chance for leaks. Generally speaking, I think it's that little bit easier to just pour your stuff into your bong and shake away.

9. oh yea def. :bongin:

10. when it clogs. i find that bowls burn much better with a small amount of resin.

11. A friend and I once acquired a real beautiful triple percolated beauty.
    It was a huge ass bong and we got it for free but it was fucking dirty.
    Cleaning bongs and pipes are really easy. All you have to do is put in alcohol (not the drinking kind) and put in some salt (sand works too).
    Plug all the hole so nothing spills and shake it. The alcohol will disinfect it and the salt will kind of scrub the inside to get it really clean. Shake it until it looks like and clean, then rinse it out well with water and let it dry. Should be as good as new. Soaking takes too long.
    As for metal pipes, the best you can do is use a pipe cleaner or toothpick or paperclip or something of the sorts and scrape the insides pretty good. Metal pipes rust so don't wet them with anything or you'll be smoking toxins.

Happy toking.

12. I wouldn't recommend sand as a replacement for salt, it scratches the inside walls of the glass, making it look hazy after a while.

Also, paperclips can scratch glass too, toothpicks and Q-tips work just as well with less potential for damage.

You can clean metal pipes out with isopropyl alcohol as well, there's no difference between cleaning a glass pipe. I suppose most metal pipes can be taken apart which kind of helps the process.

13. well, i just cleaned my piece, i liked the effects of what i did, after two or three quick passes with iso sloshing inside, i tried something else... we have one of those freestanding water units, and i took a pickle jar, lined the sides n bottom with paper towel (so my piece wouldn't hit anything, grabbed the salt and gave a liberal shaking of that, then about 1 part iso and 2 parts hot water from the water unit (puts out like just below scalding, for quick-brewing tea/coffee/oatmeal?) then i gently set my piece inside, covered the opening mostly and took a can of air, stick the nozzle inside the mouthpiece of the pipe, and make sure that hot water isn't going to splash out, and that you don't tilt the can wrong (freezing cold air + hot water) and use a series of gentle taps on the trigger to agitate the mixture, abrased the crud right out....all in all took probably less than ten minutes once i got the stuff together and tried it. also beats trying to avoid slinging liquid resin everywhere by covering all the holes on your piece while you shake it, just gotta keep from splashing the water out of the jar, easy with a rag or somethin

any opinions? good/bad?

14. rinse bubbler out and change water after every shesh, usually run hot water through it for like thirty seconds. i do a full clean (grunge off soak overnight) every week or 2.

My bowl i let soak in grunge off every few days because it only takes like 5 minutes to wash it off and dry it

grunge off is god btw. Some body told me simple green is the same shit is this true?