Cleaning White Residue off Inside of Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Kliider, Sep 7, 2009.

1. So i've had my bong for a month or so now, and I'm loving it. However after 8 or so cleanings (initially I cleaned before ever session) I started to notice a white residue on the inside of the bong, mostly in the middle/top of the bong. I have come to the conclusion that I used more salt than needed and that's what caused this residue.

My question is, how do I get it off? I did a quick google search a while ago and it said to use white vinegar, soap and something else, but I can't find the link. I'm gonna go buy some rice and more iso, if this doesn't get it off I might have to do the boiling water method, and I really don't want to have to do it that way.

thanks, sorry no pics, but I'm sure you can imagine what it looks like.

2. Its a hard water stain. Fluff your water before you clean it next time.

3. ah, thought that could be it! Fluffing is what, filtering it through a cloth or something? is bottled water soft water?

thanks

4. good thread. i was having the same issue

5. yeah except I have no idea what fluffing is in this context.

I tried using a simple rice and iso mixture, and it did the job of taking off the resin way better than with salt (maybe it's cause I was supposed to use coarse salt?) But of course I learned that it wasn't the salt causing the stains, but the water. So I tried using bottled water but there are still some small stains.

6. yeah i got those hard water stains on my toro tube. i guess they get there by using hard water aka tap water or non filtered types of water. if you use the rubbing alcohol and salt it cleans your bong to near perfect condition but make sure you rinse it with bottled water or from a filter.

i got a link on how to clean it off from this site

7. I am a fan of the clear tube and dealt with this problem for a while before I started using cascade as my abrasive rather than salt. The cascade leaves the piece without those hard water stains and works just as well as salt for an abrasive. Keep the tokin' goin'. Shalom. :D

8. fill it with disitilled white vinegar.
    it must be distilled. so there are no impurities.
    that is what will work

9. There's a very simple way, without stinky vinegar. Just buy citric acid, in powder you can get it at any grocery store, you need like 5g if you got a medium sized bong i mean you can put a lot no problem but just 3-5g on a medium sized one is enuff, pour some hot water it does not need to be boiling just hot and leave it for 5 minutes it dissolves lime stone you can use the same method to get rid of it from your electric kettle and stuff in the kitchen, its totaly safe to eat and does not leave any smell behind or taste and its organic xD so one packet usually comes with 10g and cost like 1 pln here so 1/4 dollar maybe. It takes like a minute coste nothing safe for health.

10. Cool I'll give it a try