cleaning uncleanable parts of bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Deleted member 1061569, Dec 23, 2018.

1. when i gotta clean my bong, what i do is fill it with rubbing alcohol and rice, shake the fuck out of it, and it dislodges some of the resin shit that has built up on the inside of it. for the attachments, i soak them in rubbing alcohol and then use paper towels to get them clean. then i soak everything in hot or near-boiling water.

but some of the resin on the inside of the bong is impossible to get at manually and i'm not sure how to clean it. it doesn't affect the functionality of it, it's more that i just spent a chunk on this stuff and i would like to keep it in good shape for years.

as you can see with the bong, a bunch of the resin is built up underneath the ice catcher so i can't get at it. and with the bowl it's stuck in the glass ring between the bowl and the end

any thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Put hello salt and alcohol in it. Put it in a sturdy plastick bag. Tie it at the top and shake the fuck out of it, up and down. Violently. Soak the bowl overnight. You gotta shake the shit out of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Can i just use regular rubbing alcohol for that too (in the bong, and to soak the bowl in?) And will regular salt work ?

If i keep this stuff in good shape, in theory, it should last decades right? Tbh i'm glad i invested in some decent kit, it wasn't cheap but it's well made. So i dont wanna let it be in shit condition

4. You can also get bore cleaning stuff from lots of sources.

5. Used to use everclear when I used a bong, long soak in a recycled yogurt container etc. then one part at a time set them in a sonic jewelry cleaner.. Bent a few Qtips in my day too...

6. I only use rubbing Alcohol and salt it works wonders. You can use just table salt and dont be shy with it either, just rinse it out well after.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Denatured alcohol from the hardware store is stronger. Epson salt is cheap and does a good job. Try running hot water from the tap thru it first.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Go to an auto supply store and buy a brush. They have brushes that are perfect that you can stick down in there and scrub. I've also used chop sticks. I wrap a piece of an old T shirt with a rubber band to the chop stick and stick it down in there and scrub. Plus pipe cleaners with wire in them work wonders too.

TBH, I gave up on glass bongs. With a silicone bong, you only have a down stem and bowl which are easy to soak in alcohol and scrub with a pipe cleaner.

9. I bought some Powdered Brewers Wash,PBW,from Amazon and made a 5 gallon pail of it I keep under a kitchen counter.I just put all my glassware,tubing and anything else I want cleaned and let it sit overnight or just for a few hours.
    No shaking,stirring,or otherwise agitating,just let sit.
    Results are the cleanest I can get,hoses as well.You can make your own with just 2 products or buy the ready made PBW.

No more mess and all clean.

Faster results if heated in a pot on the stove then add parts.
    Simple and easy all in one :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I dont use brushs etc for fear of breaking fragile percs etc. have considered using shotgun cleaning brush but hot water soak, alc and salt always get the job done. I just let hot water from the tap run thru it. Heard of quite afew incidents of people breaking piece using stove to boil out.i have some silicone caps that cover openings for soaking and shaking

11. I have a similar bong that also has that little ice catcher as well. I use the usual salt/alcohol mix, then I use those baby bottle brushes they sell at the market and squeeze it through the ice catcher gap (it actually fits through) and just brush up and down and twist it around. The bristles actually reach deep enough to get a lot of the leftover gunk. Seems to work for me.

12. Yes it should last just be careful cleaning. Breaking it is the most common cause of bong death...lol

Rubbing alcohol in the strongest percentage you can find and lots and lots of salt. Regular kind.

13. iso wash and soak if patient , turn bong on side so a bit of the iso is in the ice area, then swirl it around as best you can without it all coming out the top. repeat a few times, then bong brush it.

14. 91% iso. Table salt

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Does the hello salt brand work better then others? I usually just use Mortan’s

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I meant....hella:roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hello salt, not to be confused with Bath salt :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I use Res Gel with the Res Caps. A pack of gel is something like $14 and you can reuse it a few times before throwing it out. I’ve cleaned 5 bongs, 10 slides and 10+ spoon pipes with just one bag of gel. It’s the only thing I’ve used that has been able to clean my honeycomb percs on the first try if there’s resin stuck in them.

Bong | Best Glass Bong Cleaning Gel | Bong Cleaning Tools & Supplies

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I know it's kinda cheating. But I use the 710 glass cleaner . Not the 420 one. It takes like 10 mins with a good shake. Clean afff