Cleaning TI Nail and Oil Rig?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by KayaJahBless, Dec 7, 2012.

1. How do you guys get the oil stains off of your glass and titanium nail? I need to clean these to put them in my checked baggage for a flight.
    I've already tried soaking them in 99% iso for a few hrs.
    This is what my rig + nail are looking like right now
    http://imgur.com/cEKJB

[​IMG]

2. Glass = 99% iso alcohol microwaved for 20 seconds and let it the piece sit for a second and since with hot water. For deep gunk use rock salt to loosen it up.

Ti nail = remove to middle piece so its just the rod and the cup.. Put it in an eletric drill and use sand paper to remove all the oxidation.
    Heat it up a few times, re season and its brand new.

3. You've microwaved ISO before? Seems dangerous?

4. Yo I put my small joint pieces into sandwich baggies with salt and alcohol and shake like a motherfucker :D

5. And I don't clean my TI nail. I scrape the shit off it every now and again but ya I think superheating it every now and then does the trick :smoke:

6. sorry you microwaved a highly flamable liquid.....Dude!!!! dont help people kill themselfs or blow up microwaves lol...

Chef.

7. A few long-term members have been advising this method for years. If you blow yourself up heating up a small amount of ISO, evolution must exist....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Microwaves only heat up water molecules 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 Head Chef, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    But there are multiple things that can ignite the vapor in an enclosed space....like the micro wave light and other electronics that could arch.....imo this is madness and stupid.

Why would you need to put ISO in a microwave!!!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418032343.044452.jpg i made this qwiso 48hours ago and now microwave was needed.

Also there is water in ISO so that small amount would heat up

To be honest I clean my equipments before putting it away each time I use it so there is never a need for a proper clean since it's always clean.

Chef.