Cleaning small bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Weedology, Dec 8, 2013.

1. I have a small bong and i cant take out the part where the slider goes and its kind of hard to clean the bong is thick but the thing that holds the glass isnt. I dont like a dirty bong so i was just wondering how to clean this. I usually boil water and use salt and alcohol. This doesnt seem to work for this bong. Need some help

2. #2 zezecha, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    Do you mean the downstem is built into the bong and only the bowl slide is able to be removed?
    If so, load that baby up with isopropyl & kosher salt or w/e kind of salt you have(some is better than none) & let that sit for an hour or two. Give it a good 30-60 second shake every once in a while. After the two or so hours is up, rinse is thoroughly over and over with warm water and you should be good.

Tip: Make sure to close & secure the openings in the bong xD. What I do is I put a 2x2 dub bag over the neck of the bong(where the downstem/bowl goes into) & I tape that sucker up with duct tape. I do the same with the mouthpiece, however I use a sandwich bag or a 3x4 bag if I have one and I tape that up. I feel like it helps if you put rubber bands around the duct tape too, in order to seal it more. :p

3. [quote name="zezecha" post="19123490" timestamp="1386494371"]Do you mean the downstem is built into the bong and only the bowl slide is able to be removed?If so, load that baby up with isopropyl & kosher salt or w/e kind of salt you have(some is better than none) & let that sit for an hour or two. Give it a good 30-60 second shake every once in a while. After the two or so hours is up, rinse is thoroughly over and over with warm water and you should be good.Tip: Make sure to close & secure the openings in the bong xD. What I do is I put a 2x2 dub bag over the neck of the bong(where the downstem/bowl goes into) & I tape that sucker up with duct tape. I do the same with the mouthpiece, however I use a sandwich bag or a 3x4 bag if I have one and I tape that up. I feel like it helps if you put rubber bands around the duct tape too, in order to seal it more. :p[/quote] yeah it seems like the downstem is attached.

4. Alright yeah, that's called a "fitted downstem" I think.
    It's common on cheaper bongs, usually with no percs.

5. [quote name="zezecha" post="19124885" timestamp="1386525507"]Alright yeah, that's called a "fitted downstem" I think.It's common on cheaper bongs, usually with no percs.[/quote] Does this take out the chunks as well?

6. If you let it sit for a while & give it a good shake every once in a while it should.

7. Thanks pal.

• Like Like x 1