Cleaning plants after cutting them?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by madmax3, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Serious question here, does anyone clean their plants after cutting them? I.e. by dunking them in water or something? I wish to clean my plants after I cut them down because they've been growing outdoors and although most of the plant is relatively clean there are some areas with bits of dirt and what not.

Will dunking them in water just make the drying process a lot harder? Should I just stick to maybe using a dry brush or something to clean them? Also, for drying, how do you tell if a brown paper bag has been bleached or not, I read somewhere that you should avoid drying in a bleached bag.

2. Won't you wet the nuggs in the process? Which then leads to moldy nuggs....>.<

3. #3 1badbruce, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    [quote name='madmax3']Serious question here, does anyone clean their plants QUOTE]

Hi madmax,
    I would think with the stickiness of the trichromes they'd be dust & dirt magnets & hold on to that for all it's worth making it diffucult at best to clean 'em up.
    A thorough cleaning after each grow & washing down the walls.
    I have my oscillating fan blowing above the plants. My first run the fan blew onto the plants giving me airy nugs. Didn't notice any dirtier though.
    As a newb grower it's just a guess on my part.
    Cheers,
    bruce

4. I grow indoor so that is not 100% nessacary
    yes. at the least it will make drying take longer and as the other guy said increases the chance of mold.
    you could but with the dry brush you run the risk of knocking off trichs. which may have an impact on the quality of the buds.
    I have never read this but I can see your concern, leaching from the bag to the buds. You will want to hang dry the buds first so they would be relatively dry and would minimize leaching, but if you are still concerned you could buy bags like these from sites that are concerned about shit like this like you are. Treecycle Recycled Paper: Bakery Bags & Food Service Products

this I found on a very quick google search using the term "unbleached paper bags" this site is for bulk order but you could find another one that would better suit you needs.

When I harvest I clean off my buds by hand, as during the harvest my dog gets his hair everywhere. to minimize this I put the dog out and clean the harvest area before hand. I still have to pick at the buds a bit but they clean up real nice and have had no ill effect from it.

good luck!!!!!
    and hope this helped