Cleaning pipe tips

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Popus Juice, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Ok i'm about to clean/scrap my glass pipe. I haven't done this before any tips? I'm going to post a before and after pic

ForumRunner_20111020_183226.png

ForumRunner_20111020_183226.png

2. Are you trying to claim the resin?

If not, and you have other pieces to use, here is how you get a pipe clean with virtually no effort.

Buy a container of concentrated SimpleGreen, $6 @ walmart
    Let piece soak fully submerged.

After one day, rinse with very warm (not hot) water.

If clean, you're done. If not, drop it back in and check on it the next day. Repeat this process as needed.

It may take a awhile, but simple green WILL eventually get ALL resin off, by itself. I bought a dry piece one time that was so clogged I literally had to let it sit in SimpleGreen for three full weeks, but it eventually got spotless and I didn't spend 1 minute doing any scrubbing or scraping.

3. Ya I dont really care about the resin usually but I tried scraping it with a paper clip today. I got a few good globs. Then I placed the peice inside a bowl of hot water got most of it clean. Thanks for the suggestion i'll try it next time. I'll post a after pic shortly

4. Simple Green or something like that is gonna be awesome to clean it with but 90% rubbing alcohol and some salt will work perfectly as well.

5. cleaning a pipe in iso and salt is a pain in the ass

6. 99% Iso and salt.

7. Easiest thing is letting it soak in iso overnight. Makes it soo much easier. It helps if you have another piece to use in the meantime.

8. ziplock bag filled with salt and 85%-99% rubbing alchole

place your bowl in the bag with the above contents in there too

zip bag shut and watch a long movie occasionally shaking the bag

you cant shake to much! the more you shake the faster and better the result is

take out bowl rinse with water and let it sit for 10 minutes befor use

BRAND SPANKING NEW BOWL