Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning Pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by metaldubstepbud, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Right so two questions.

Do you absolutely need salt to clean a piece, I understand it scrapes the glass or w/e to get the res off the glass but would using just regular ol' iso do the trick?

How do I keep the glass on my pieces from geting all foggy after i clean them, I am of course refering to a bong?

2. I use both ISO and salt to clean my bong on a regular basis. Pretty much after every use, and I have used just ISO to do the trick as well..

However, it requires a lot more shaking on your part, and doesn't really clean your bong that great. The only time I do this is when my bong needs a quick clean after a quick bowl..just to get the smell out really. I would just use salt. It doesn't hurt your piece and keeps it like new. As for the fog, I've never had a problem with this , I just air dry my bong and she always looks brand new after every clean.

Happy toking :)

3. Im not sure. I have never had a problem of salt scratching my glass though.

4. Hmm well thanks, ended up trying it with just iso, didnt really do the trick but i dont clean mine all to frequently so i added salt anyways, and idk why but my pieces always look all grimy and smudged on the inside T_T im a neat freek too so it bothers the shit out of me

5. I just use warm water and q tips lol

6. Make sure you use salt with rubbing alcohol.

7. Doesn't the resin stick on because of the hot water?