Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning Pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HeavyIndica, Jul 18, 2010.

1. how do you properly clean a piece without damaging it? and whats the best way to get the most resin from it? what tools do i use? anything related... lay it on me.

2. Paper clip, heat, time. If you don't want to save resin iso and salt.

3. iso is the same thing as rubbing alcohol correct?

4. Iso and salt in a plastic baggie :D works like a charm

5. Yep. Get the highest % you can. 91% works very well!

6. Use the search function ;)

Hint: Look at my signature

7. you can put you bowl in a pot of boiling water for a min then stick some pipe cleaners in there it will clean it pretty well not as much as rubbing alcohal n salt but it works also hold your bowl with tongs when you put it in the water you cant let your pipe touch the bottom of the pot for to long it will crack

8. To expand, you shouldn't try to cool your piece down either. If you do boil it off, let it air cool, preferably overnight. Rapid temperature change is a great way to add an unwanted carb.

When I do scrape for resin, I only take what is in the bowl and the downstem, anything else I don't bother with. Whatever I can't get with a metal paperclip, I just let the salt and ISO take care of.

9. iso and rock salt...never with acrylic it will crack. If boiling it put the pipe in when the water is cool-warm to let it heat up evenly with the water, ive had friends break thin glass by putting them in while the water is boiling

10. well im out of weed so im going to scrape my bowl using that paper clip suggestion

11. well, saving the "resin" might get you high, but you're smoking basically just tar and stuff when you do that, not the actual plant resin. It's pretty concentrated, but it's really bad for you, so it's up to you if you're willing to take that risk.

As for cleaning, I use rubbing alcohol and salt mixed together. soak it for awhile, and you can rub the bowl clean with a paper towel. I use a paper clip to clean the inside as best I can, and blowing into the bowl part can clean it out more. The cleaner the piece is, the more you're going to taste your own bud, and not ash. I never really felt like heating it was needed to clean it. Just soak it, and be sure to let the alcohol evaporate for a few hours before you use it. The inside takes a long time to dry

12. I think 91% is to strong.. Gives the glass a nasty taste when you hit it. 71 has always been the best imo

13. I never experienced a nasty taste with 91%. I don't even see how that's possible as long as you wash it out good enough.