Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by michaeldrey825, Jun 13, 2010.

1. I've asked a lot of friends how they clean their pieces. Boiling it, hot water with baking soda and various other methods. I just got a bub and i cleaned it using hot water and baking soda. Though I'm not sure how clean the inside is (colored glass). How do you clean your pieces (bowls, bubs, etc) and how often?

2. 90% isopropyl alcohol, iodized salt, and a plastic bag. Put the bub in a bag, add enough alcohol to submerge it , throw in a few tablespoons of salt, and shake like a mad man. Works every time, just be sure to rinse it out with hot water before you use it again.

I clean my pieces after each use, but I'm just ocd about clean glass.

3. For Bubblers:
    put your bubbler in a ziplock bag, dumb hot iso alc and salt in the bag as well, a good amount, seal the bag, maybe put that bag in another one, and then shake it up A LOT. You might have to re-do the process a few times until the liquid is less and less brown with less res.

With Bongs its completely different

4. There's a few different guides on here, I'll try to dig up the links and edit this post, but basically it's just personal preference.

Most people that I know clean their pieces with rubbing alcohol and salt, it does a very good job at removing any resin and makes the piece like new. Just rinse your glass with water, empty it, add in enough rubbing alcohol to swirl around (any other high % alcohol works too), add a generous amount of salt (coarse is best, but any salt will do), then cover any openings and shake vigorously, once finished, empty it out and give it a good rinse.

5. I'll have to try these different methods out! I greatly appreciate the help!

6. I clean my bong every 1-2 days. I've found that iso only works as long as you clean it fairly often.

7. you're supposed the clean your pieces? Huh.

8. Scrape the res (Tastes like SHIT but will get you BAKED out of your gourd). smoke that shit. Then put them all (or if you only have one that one) in BOILING salt water leave it to bubble around in there for a bit. If you can't do that pipe cleaners and running water though that's much more labor intensive.

9. I wouldn't do this. Putting glass in boiling water is unnecessarily putting stress on the glass, and over time, it will probably crack, especially if it's a cheap piece.