Cleaning Out Bowl and Saving Resin

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Tokemonkey124, Oct 18, 2009.

1. I recently took on the simple task of cleaning out my friends bowl, however, I plan on keeping the resin that is cleaned out. My question is, am I able to soak the bowl in rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) for a day or so, then strain the liquid and wait for it to evaporate, scraping up the leftover resin? Is it dangerous to smoke the product after being soaked in RUBBING alcohol or am I in the clear? If i can't reuse the resin i'll just have a squeaky clean bowl but I'd prefer to save the resin

2. i did this a week ago, its the same idea as a QWISO wash with weed, and yes it is smokeable, but a word of advice, let it dry completley, i got antsy and smoked it a little early.

3. alright awesome, glad to hear it! i'll let it evaporate for like a day or so.

4. Don't know how well the resin would smoke. Alcohol absorbs THC, so soaking it for a day would be counter-productive imo. I'd just scrape the bowl and make a little resin ball if you REALLY want to smoke the resin that badly. I'm not a huge fan of resin...tastes gross and it's mostly tar, no thanks. To each his own though, hope it turns out well.

5. You can heat up a pan of water, and put the bowl in there. Get a pair of tongs and be careful handling it. Put the bowl in the water, which you should bring to a boil. The hot water will loosen things up really well. Use a coffee filter or something over a bowl or cup, and dump the res and shit into that. You can also drain off the water from the pan and get whatever is left over in there.

Just make sure you are careful handling the bowl and don't let it sit too long on the bottom of the pan (direct heat contact). I know some people get sketch about this method with cracking glass, but most bowls are thick enough that I've never had a problem. Also you don't have to tamper with the alcohol. This will also bring the bowl back to pretty much new.