Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning out a grinder

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dillywack, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Decided to clean my grinder out today. It had gotten to the point where it hardly even turning. I beat and scraped on it for several minutes trying to get every little crumb out. I then put the pieces in a plastic container with Iso alcohol let it sit for a few and swished it around a bit to get it looking good as new. My question is, now the alcohol is green, and full of weed particles. Can I let that sit until it evaporated and extract the dried flakes? Has anyone done this? Am I crazy, or just high?

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386619510.144156.jpg Sorry ipad2 camera sucks

3. this is ISO hash when you have more of it :p then you scrape with with a razor blade and end up with a nice keif ball :3

4. nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i wouldnt =/

5. All you have to do is let the ISO evaporate an you can smoke what's left behind. I would use a large Pyrex dish, just pour it in there and let it dry

6. this is some sketchy shit, i've been in the same boat tho, youre contaminating the bud particles with the iso when you clean it, and if you throw it away it feels like youre flushing weed down the toilet. the cons outweigh the pros in this tho, I wouldnt fuck around with the possibility of smoking iso. even if it all dries out, how much weed are you really getting? iso could definitely still be in there, i dont smoke anything that comes in contact with chemicals like that.. too far from bud for me :)

7. #7 AuhMayZing, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    you haven't seen how BHO is made, have you?

most people (including me) pour the iso/weed onto a plate or pyrex dish and let the iso evaporate completely.
    scrap it with a razor and you got yourself some nice ISO hash. you could probably do more than one run if you use your grinder as much as I do. there's a few guides around here for it.

8. Decided to clean my grinder out today[​IMG]

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386695186.232478.jpg Coffee filter done sir. There's actually a little bit more on there then I was expecting.

10. Kinda smells like shwag tho.....don't know if I've convinced myself to try it yet.

11. #12 SrGrower, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
     The left over "in" the filter is the particles of wax that is coating the THC and plant matter.  The liquid is what you want after filtering.  If you let the stuff in the filter dry you'll see it's dry and non sticky feeling.  After the Iso evaporates whats left is a min. of 50% THC unless it's chronic then it's max is 90% THC.
      Pour the filter liquid into a glass pirex pan/tray

12. you wre supposed to get the liquid. not the particles that stayed on the coffe filter. thats the part u dont want

13. i turn on the water cooker and when it starts boiling i  hold the grinder over it and let the steam hit it then i use a toothpick or hald mini scissors to get out whats stuck and smoke as is. Same goes for dity Bowls i hold them over then use a toothpick and get all the resin. Work like a charm!!!!!

14. Haha good thing I kept both.

15. IMO best way to clean a grinder is to get "grunge off" pour it in a coffee cup and soak grinder for half hour, wash with hot water, rinse with cold, spray with ISO, let dry. Ive gotten grinders to look brand new using this simple method