Cleaning My Oil Rig

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by mjw4200, Jun 23, 2014.

1. My oil rig has a lot of wax build up inside, near the nail, and in the second perc. The residue near the nail is a darker brown color, and in the second perc, a yellowish color. I was wondering, is there a way i could recover this leftover wax, and is it smokeable?

2. Yes it is smokeable. Idk what type of rig you have but getting that claim out can really be a bitch. When I cleaned my rigs I used some copper wire. Be sure to have your rig as filled up with water as you can, that way the claim will float when you are working on it as opposed to just sticking to every surface. You'll know what i mean when you do it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I wouldn't smoke the residue that's on the inside of your glass pieces, most of it is plant waxes and shit that you don't want to inhale anyway. I just fill my pieces up with 91% iso alcohol or bong cleaner, if that doesn't work I'll boil water and mix em and that always does the trick

4. -Fill bong like you would with water, but instead use hexane, acetone, ethanol, or 91+% isopropyl alcohol.
    -Shake that around for a bit till it's completely clean and a dark brown color.
    -Empty bong into a pyrex dish..

--Let that evaporate, scrape onto parchment, then purge at like 160*F-180*F (little-ovens or water bath works), you aren't going to make your reclaim into fine shatter and such, plus I'd considered it already decarbed since it hit such a high temperature when you dabbed it on the nail.

Reclaim can be really good though, that's for sure. Minus the taste.  :smoke:

5. i agree with jtrx, alcohol works great to get it out. but DONT use copper wire like NYCchronic said, id be afraid of scratching the glass.  if you can get a straw inside the bong and be able to scape the walls with it then it will pick up the claim with no problem. this is the method i use on all my dabbing utensils.

6. reclaim tastes really bad just like smoking vaped weed. If you can afford concentrates use your reclaim for seasoning or discard imo