Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cleaning my bong with hand sanitizer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aidenmurrey, Jun 25, 2010.

1. the active ingredient is 63% ethyl alcohol. am i good to go on this one? im out of iso and wont be stopping by a store soon. i wish it were a higher percentage but is there any reason not to do this?

2. i've used it on my 1 hitter, just make sure all the chemicals are out before you use it again

3. i plan on washing it out thoroughly. also, do you have a pic of your 1 hitter? dont bother if its just a cigarette pipe. i just love one hitters for some reason.

4. also, how do you clean a bubble bottom bong? theres a ton of resin stuck in the bubble part and its almost impossible to clean out because of the angle. anyone have advice on this? i know now to get a straight tube next time so i can actually clean it.

5. dont inhale or eat that shit, I heard you could go blind

6. Screw hand sanitizer. Youd be wasting it in terms of money.

Get a bottle of high alcohol rubbing alcohol, and fill your bong with like 4-8 tablespoons of table salt, NaCl. Now fill half way up the bubble part of the bong with good rubbing alcohol, and just shake the bong for 2 or 3 minutes. All of the ugly black resin tar shit will be gone, and it also cleans out percs well too. Try it.

Rubbing Alcohol + Salt works best on Glass. Cleans glass in an instant. Simply shake, and your done :) Be sure to cover all of the openings of the bong, you dont want rubbing alcohol to get anywhere, especially not your eye.

7. i just did this, i was able to get a little bit of iso from my brother. i cant believe how well it works. ive used it before but not in my bong. its now spotless. the hand sanitizer worked i guess, it got it cleaner, but iso and salt is where its at. awesome :wave::hello::smoke: