Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning mason jars with dish soap?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by FATMAN_420x, Dec 15, 2018.

1. So I cleaned my mason jar with dish soap, and I just wanna know before I put my stash in it. Is dish soap a good way to clean it? I mean it looks clean, but I don’t want my weed to smell or taste like dish soap. The mason jars has no smell, but it might make the weed smell or taste that way right? If anyone uses anything else to clean it such as alcohol and salt, why do you clean it that way? I use alcohol and salt to clean my bub cuz the salt is a scrubbing agent and the alcohol is the cleaning solution, makes sense. But a mason jar can be reached into and scrubbed with a dish sponge sooooo....I thought I did something right....right?

2. I think you are way way way overthinking this. Just put the weed in the jars. If you think their clean then most likely they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lol I’m not paranoid about it or anything, I just was mostly curious as to why people don’t clean it that way, as if something was wrong with doing it.

4. I just clean the jars in my kitchen sink with whatever soap I have. You could boil them I suppose to make sure everything has been killed or whatever. Not sure what you're looking for as an answer.

5. A non issue,clean with dish soap and reuse.
    Clean you other glassware,bongs,bubblers,hoses,etc with PBW(powdered brewers wash).

6. what is powered brewers wash? What made you start using it and why?

7. lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's what breweries and other industries use to clean their equipment.Safe to use,they use it all over the world.In a nutshell it gets all your glassware and hoses,ceramics,and other items sparkling clean,so clean you might be blinded by the light.You should do a Wikipedia or other search and see all that it can do and how safe it is.I made up a 5 gallon pail of it and soak my equipment in it over night.If you heat it up and then add your equipment to the heated solution then it doesn't take as long to clean, I also run it through my drip coffee machine and that makes the whole machine clean.It's one of those products that is the best in it's field at what it does.

9. I understand what you're getting at. I think I'll just use dish soap. I have a hard time wrapping my head around why people go out of their way to make something so simple, so costly and confusing.

10. I use dish soap for most of my cleaning and never even rinse out all my mason jars because I don't need to.The PBW is very inexpensive and easy to use,more for water pipes and bongs that get really dirty.I don't use the PBW daily or weekly but only when cleaning my bubbler and hose.Warm water and soap is the cheapest and fastest but there are times when PBW is what is needed.I'm not confused,I have a system that works for me,water and soap and occasionally PBW.

11. wash with warm water. To get rod of any sticky thc/weed smell leave alcohol in them and swill.....white vinegar is also useful.

12. Rubbing alcohol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

13. Im with papa puff rubbing alcohol

Water and dish soap wont do jack for cleaning it unless its oil based.

Tho better if it was a clean jar before.

I will sometimes clean my jars once theres a bit of build up now i hate alcohol but tkae a few shot worth and swill out each jar i start with one jar and out 200ml of vodka i swill out for 5 mins and pour into the next jar.

The first jar i rinse with warm water then a lil distilled and then dry in the oven (kills everything)
    If ya chuck dry bud into a clean but warm jar seal it and cool the jar the jar is now kinda vacumme sealed :)

Going back to the vodka i do this till all jars are clean i then bottle up the vodka and give it to.a friend who likes a drink and a smoke and he loves the stuff i give him blows his head off apparently....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Exactly lol people do too much extra shit, but if there’s a good reason I figured I’d ask. There are no dumb questions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I clean with piss.. no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  16. With alcohol all you got to do is switch it around and pull it out rinse and you're done

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

17. dawn dish soap dude. let it soak and wash away.

don't be paranoid about the soap. you drink and eat off shit you used soap for, right? store food in it? as long as your rinse good you're cherry.

18. Ur worried about smoking soap? Brick weeds stuck together with soap/Lye and old shoes etc... and people have been smoking it for ages and I still haven’t heard of a marijuana death.... Ur good man!

19. Dish soap is all well and good but it wont move thc.

When i trim and get sticky hands washing with soap is pointless i use coconut oil first to break it down and lift it then wash my hands with soap

You need alcohol or oil to break down the terps and cannabiniods.

I rinse mine out with 99% iso then allow it to evap or my friend gives me some vodka and i wash all jars with it put it into a bottle give it back he can drink it and get high lol :)