cleaning glass pipe with isopropyl alcohol with glycerin?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by tipsyswag, May 1, 2013.

1. Not sure if small glass pipe is safe to clean with the "glycerin" involved. It says isopropyl alcohol 70% with glycerin wintergreen.

2. I use salt and isopropyl alcohol 70% in a ziplock freezer bag. Let it sit for a few days.

3. I do the same except I wush around in bag for about 5 mins not day or two.. it leaves
    Some what of an after taste after rinsing with hose that has me questioning if its alright to toke from

4. Just seen u said let it sit for few days thought u meant let sit in bag...

5. Anyone know how long I should wait to toke from pipe after cleaning and rinsing with ingredients above ?

6. Yeah leave it sit in the isopropyl alcohol and salt for a few days, then rinse in sink til clean

7. I dont like the taste of ISO alch in my pipe so I just use hot water and soap and a bottle brush.

8. Cant bring pipe in doors cuz will reek parents house while cleaning ... anyone know if "glycerin"with the iso alc 70% is impure to use?

9. Does anyone know if iso 70% with glycerin is safe to use?

10. I dont know honestly. They sell cleaners for glass such as 420cleaner found at smoke shops

I worry about hot water with glass.

11. [quote name='Tubtub']I dont know honestly. They sell cleaners for glass such as 420cleaner found at smoke shops

Im sware of those items but stuck with the iso 70% with glycerin ATM need to know cuz I heard it might be impure

12. Your doing something wrong, shouldn't taste isopropyl at all if the glass is rinsed thoroughly.

13. Would pressure with outside water hose thoroughly clean rinse it...or any alternatives for rinsing OUTDOORS cant rinse inside cuz iso w salt pipe still has a weedy smell to it when rinsing at parents sink

14. Just soak it in the alcohol in bag, then dump the bag outside, rinse in a sink, put a bunch of handsoap on the bottom of your sink to mask the smell, and throw an orange peel down it if you have a garbage disposal. The smell won't linger if you're anal with your cleaning :smoke: