Cleaning Glass Bowl

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mark420Allen, Oct 1, 2009.

1. I got a small class bowl, whats the best way to clean it? I heard putting it in boiling water for an hour, is that the best way

2. Step 1: Use the Search function. This thread has been made countless times.
    Step 2: Do not put it in boiling water. It makes the glass crack much easier.
    Step 3: Dissolve some salt in Isopropyl Alcohol. The higher percent the alcohol, the better.
    Step 4: Put that mixture in a plastic bag.
    Step 5: Put your bowl in the bag.
    Step 6: Close the bag.
    Step 7: Shake the bag.
    Step 8: Take the bowl out, and let it dry.
    Step 9: Throw out that bag and the gross shit inside it.
    Step 10: :smoke:

3. In my experience 420 cleaner works better than just plain iso/salt.

4. Yeah, but if he's considering boiling the piece, chances are he doesn't have any 420 cleaner. Iso/salt is cheaper, but if I could find anything like 420 cleaner/grunge off, I'd get it. I just can't find it anywhere around where I live.

5. Another, cheaper way, is oven cleaner. I have sprayed it in a couple of my pieces, and let it sit overnight with water.

Next morning, flush it out really good, run some hot soapy water through it, and let it dry a good couple hours.

6. I have always thought about using Gasoline. However as you may think this may be a terrible idea. But I mean every time I work on my car and get EXTREMELY greesey gasoline cleans that shit right off or when I clean certain car parts gasoline gets that shit shiny.

But ya I used the iso/salt method and it worked great.

I have even tried soaking my piece in 7up and that seemed to work well not near as good though.

7. Woah. No. All you do is fill your bong with a crushed up dishwasher tablet and hot water and shake it! If its a small piece put it in tupperware with the crushed tablet and shake.

Better than any stoner 'cleaning' method IMO

8. I feel yah there man, or even WD-40, the shit sucks for lube, but cleaning, it works.

9. Are you kidding me? What a lot of extra work for yourself. Seriously try my method. I hadn't cleaned my RooR for 2 years, it was in a bad way, like a birthday cake factory being nuked, and it ripped all the shit off in no time at all. Plus it left my bong with a shiney twinkle EXACTLY like on the tv adverts

10. How is Iso/salt more work than crushing up dishwater tablet + hot water? Also would like to know how is iso/salt a "stoner" method and yours is not.

11. Well I agree the dishwasher tablet Idea will work. Its not an ordinary household Item. Most people have Oven cleaner, salt, or WD-40.

Yes, alot of people have dishwashers, but not all.

12. I can get ISO and salt for 1 dollar each.

13. I was refering to using WD40

14. I actually used gasoline Worked marvelous but hmmm should i smoke out of it now my buddy took one toak and he said it was harsh....:bongin: