Cleaning bowl peices

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ultramaxx, Apr 29, 2022.

1. My bong slides need cleaned I tried iso , don’t have any salt right now .
    How does iso alone do?
    Anything special to scrub off the resin ?

2. Bottle brush. Kit was like 2 bucks at dollar store.

Get water running warm/hot.. pull downstem out of bong and just lay in sink, let it all warm up and rinse, fold a papertowel up, pick up the downstem, and wipe it off with the papertowl, the outside yucky part, chuck that.

Put downstem back under hot water now that you can hold it without getting grubby, insert bottle brush from top and push and pull a few times under sink... add a few dribbles of iso and repeat.

Clean downstem.

IMG_5451.JPG

3. Believe it or not, I was too lazy to find iso, so that bottle brush is after just hot water, still minty downstem, I should find the iso and wipe down the bottle brush for next time, you'll know you used enough iso on the brush when the brush rinses off clean.

4. Same for bowls or popper pieces but I use a smaller bottle brush. Run under sink, grab paper towel, finger fuck the hot resin out of the bowl side, use bottle brush on the narrow hole and under the bowl where the joint is.

5. Iso alone does quite a bit. Just shake it a bunch.
    I use iso to get reclaim out of my rig, but just remember to reduce it about 5-10 minutes longer than you think you'd need to.

6. I have 3 bowls....2 of which I keep packed at all times and one is always soaking in iso in a mason jar. When its time to clean one of the 2 in the revolution i take it out after i run hot water thru the one thats been soaking and everything comes out clean with little to no work...let it dry and put the clean into rotation,,,,once in awhile i might need to roll a paper towel around in the bowl to get the very loose burnt shit off...but that's it.

• Like Like x 1