Cleaning bong with mouthwash?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by a_traveling_wilbury, Dec 2, 2014.

1. I really want to clean my bong for tomorrow but I have no iso left. If i leave mouthwash (which has alchohol) in it overnight, would it get it decently clean? I don't have a car and don't feel like going to get iso, unless mouthwash would do nothing.

2. bump because I want to know the answer. I've always wondered if I could clean my bong with mouthwash....

3. what mouthwash are you using? it has to be a very high level of alcohol and they haven't made mouthwash that strong since the 80s/early 90s

4. I don't believe it'll be enough to break down resin.

5. #5 a_traveling_wilbury, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
    It's original listerine, which contains 26.9% alchohol. I'm going to try out of curiosity, considering I'm pretty sure nothing bad could come of it.

that's not going to do jack shit for your bong except maybe make your next few water loads minty fresh..

7. What style bong do u have.? I used to have a straight tube beaker bttm the only thing it had was ice catcher, and I used a bristle brush kinda like a toilet bowl cleaner ? And it would literally be clean like it was brand new in 10 seconds.... Idk if its possible for u to use one like if u have a perc or something but if u can I recommend it, I baught one for two dollars and I would clean my bong crystal clear after every sesh for almost two years with the same brush before I got a new one

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Coarse salt and some vinegar does the trick for me, just takes some shaking and a thorough rinsing after

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. So im guessing your legs dont work? Go to the fucking pharmacy and get iso man jjajaja, c'mon

10. #10 mogwi411, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    iso works because it is less polar than water, resin is mostly hydrocarbons and thus non-polar.  I doubt that such a low percentage of alcohol would do much as the polarity of that mix is closer to water vs 90+% iso.  

If you have simple green (it's a household cleaner) that stuff works real well.  I was talking to the door man at the aphillyated glass show, the guy is friends with Marble Slinger and Jag and told me they recommended simple green to him.

For a dab rig, I warm some 90+% iso in microwave for like 15 secs and shake around in my piece, rinse with water.  If I want it to be super clean, I'll then use grunge off or simple green and do an overnight soak.  After rinsing with tap water, I do a final rinse with distilled to remove any salts from the tap.

For a flower piece, I rinse with hot water, use a stopper and keck clip on the joint and fill with grunge off.  I soak over night or at least a few hours and then rinse out, again, final rinse in distilled.

11. worst case, you get a fresh smelling, dirty bong! Let us know what happens.

12. #12 PokeBong, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    Idk man
     seems a bit weak to break down resin, I mean, I've cleaned bowls with 40% Iso.
    I would just buy some more iso man, it's not expensive at all.  :wave:

13. It didn't really clean it much, although I guess it disinfected the area that was soaked. I decided to leave the mouthwash in when I smoked, and that was pretty awesome😋 tastes exactly as you'd expect it to, and it definitely was smoother than water, although I think a mix of both would be best