Cleaning bong with dishsoap?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Aaronl8n, Feb 3, 2009.

1. The BEST way to clean glass pieces (after reclaiming whatever you plan to reclaim) use PBW. PBW stands for Professional brewers wash.

You can buy it on Amazon. Be very careful since it can make glass slippery.

PBW needs lots of heat. I have gotten best results putting glass items into a disposable aluminum pan adding PBW and then boiling water. If once the water cools the items are not 100% clean you can put the pan on a burner and reheat.

2. It doesn't clean it out well enough, I use ISO/salt, then dish soap to clean out the alcohol smell, just rinse it and you are golden

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. From my experience dish soap will work but not too well. Sure it'll clean the piece as good as it can and get a nice shine and smell on the glass, but stuck on resin will remain stuck. You need alcohol and an abrasive (salt or sugar) to get it off. Plus rinsing takes forever.

4. Powdered Brewery Wash. ;)

And I agree it's one of the best methods, especially to get rid of hard water stains. That said, you need to be a bit careful using it because it can strip some forms of labels/logos off of glass. But other than that, definitely an awesome product to clean glass.