Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning an ash catcher??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SomeRand, Aug 8, 2012.

1. So I bought an ash catcher, and I used it on my friends bong before I noticed it didn't fit my own.. I want to bring it back to the head shop, who's owner I'm familiar with for a new one. The policy is as long as you don't use it you can bring it back for a different one or a refund. I figure if I clean it to the point where it looks brand new, I won't have any problems. However I can't seem to get it clean.

Materials I have on hand:
    Hydrogen Peroxide (rubbing alcohol)
    Cotton Swabs
    Bath Salts (actual bath salts, ie: not the drug)

I tried putting it in a zip-lock bag with a bit of rubbing alcohol, hot water, and salts and shaking it, but that didn't really work that well. I got as much out as I could with the cotton swabs, but there's still a little bit of resin left. Any suggestions? I'll attach a picture if that helps.
    [​IMG]

2. #2 RooRgle, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Iso (rubbing alcohol)
    Salt
    (no hot water or any water)
    Zip Lock Plastic bag

Place ash catcher inside, with alcohol (has to be Iso), salt, and place all that in the zip lock, shake carefully, not to break anything. Than I like to use qtips to clean the black sticky icky out...I then put it back in the zip lock, shake, then run water over what should now be clean glass.

If all else fails get a small brush (similar to the ones you use to clean the barrel of a gun, but make sure they are not metal hairs on the brushes, I use a carboy cleaning brush, a carboy is a large glass container that I use to hold my homebrew during fermentation, I use a long carboy brush to clean the inside of my 22" bongs it goes through my ice pinches no prblem, or I use smaller carboy brushes to clean diffusers, and my own ash catchers, also I use it to clean my steam rollers, lol) use the brush and run over all the dirty area, get to the hard to reach spots with the brush or qtips...this process cleans my RooR bongs to basically brand new every single time. Ash catchers can be difficult to clean, some of them have percs in them, which can be a pain in the ass, but it should help a lot.

3. :laughing:

Yeah, you need to use Isopropyl alcohol (aka rubbing alcohol) not peroxide

4. H2o2 = c3h8o