Cleaning a glass pipe without rubbing alcohol

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by J-DILLA, Nov 5, 2009.

1. I've got a dilemma here. My glass pipe is extremely dirty and I don't have alcohol nor nail polish remover. What else can I use?

2. Grunge Off

3. Grunge off is the best to use, but i doubt you will have any at home, If you have simple green laying around the house that will work great. Real warm water with a lil salt will do a lil too.. You could always run to your local CVS and grab a $1.50 bottle of iso tho.. unless you can't? but yea, simple green or warm water.

4. a can of coca cola classic, set it in a cup over night

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yea, I don't have the option of going out to buy something tonight and I dont have grunge off nor green:(

6. I would try out some warm water + salt and shake it around then. thats prob your best bet.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. ill probably try the coke idea
    thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dude use simple green. It is like $10 a jug for it and you can get it at walmart or home depot in the cleaning section. It is basically GO.

• Like Like x 1
  9. are you serious?

just boil it in water dude.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. not good for ur piece

11. neither is 91% alc and salt. after like 30 cleans it leaves a grime on the inside of your piece that can only be removed with real quality cleaner.

12. i kinda doubt that

13. cool. go experiment on your own pieces. i know what i'm talking about from experience.

14. He is right....dude invest (its only like 12 bucks) in some good formula 420 or some glass cleaner like that. If you keep your piece clean on the reg you wont have to use so much and it wont stay permanently dirty.

15. Dish soap? Ones with a lot of grime fighting power! That should get the bowl clean, hopefully it will clean the rest but I doubt it.

16. I do reccomend the 420 formula but iso is perfectly fine and does not leave anything on your pieces... pretty sure it EVAPORATES and is soluble in water as well.

17. all 420 solution is is 91% alcohol, table salt and blue coloring....

18. it still leaves a slight residue.

its more likely the salt that leaves a residue though

19. Boiling glass is ok as long as you don't immediately put it under cold water and rinse it off. Cold or hot water actually does nothing to glass, merely expands when it is hot and shrinks it when its cold. It is when there is a sudden change of temperature that the glass cracks. As far as what cleaners I personally use, I use Simple Green. There are actually threads devoted for that stuff. Just search it up. With SG, all I have to do is soak it in there after I am done with it, and then rinse it out with hot water a couple of hours later and it is completely clean! :D

20. Well if you have ABSOLUTLY nothing, best bet for you is if you have some coke around or if you want just get really warm water salt and just shake it around like a bitch, depending on how much resin is caked on there depends on how warm the water and how much water and salt. But all the real side, seriously just get some simple green or iso it's really not all that much money mayne.