Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cleaning a glass pipe with hand sanitizer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aidenmurrey, Nov 19, 2009.

1. possible or bad idea?

2. Depends. If you're trying to get gunk out of the inside, I say NO! use Saline Solution (the shit ppl w/ contacts use) and fill the pipe, let it sit for 3 minutes, shake it up, let it sit another 60 seconds, pour it all out, then rub the inside with a pipe cleaner.
    Thats the cheapest way you can clean a pipe. But for the bowl, use a toothpick, save all the resin and put it in a ball to sell or smoke when you're dry.

3. I wouldn't. Like the dude above said if you are cleaning the inside DO NOT USE THAT STUFF. I can only see that causing some gunky problems. Use salt and iso alcohol for that. As for the outside I guess you could but i wouldn't want to taste that stuff if you clean the mouth piece.

4. Its mostly rubbing alcohol, so it would probably work. but it would be pricy. Cheaper to buy rubbing alcohol

5. Was just wondering about this earlier,my pipe is nasty on the inside,and fairly plugged,thanks for the info!

6. I use the 420 solution toss your glass in it at night and by morning you just rinse it. Never had my glass look better. I also use Shared Smoking Sanitizer on my pipes between people. Works great!

Check it out Shared Smoking Sanitizer

Snapalidongerms!

7. No. Isopropyl alcohol is the cheapest way to clean a pipe. Saline solution does nothing to disolve tar.

OP: Don't use hand sanitizer. You can get a bottle of 91% Iso for like $2.

EDIT: If you have to add some coarse salt to the mix and shake it around. The salt acts as an abrasive while the iso dissolves the tars.

8. Go to Home Depot or Lowes,
    find this stuff called Krud Kutter.
    It's like 6 bucks for a spray bottle, last for a long time.
    Unless you're like me, I clean my pipes everyday.
    But if you're not like me, it'll last you for months, maybe a year.

Spray it into your pipe, let it sit for a few mins,
    Shake it, rinse it out (repeat if necessary) clean with a
    pipe cleaner and you're done, literally takes 10 mins or less.

You'll be like :eek:

Promise.

9. I use Pur Sterile cleaning powder, It works a hell of a lot better than anything else I've tried. I found them at the Med Cannabis Cup in California a few weeks ago. They were right next to the formula 420 guys but I think this stuff works way better. They were handing out 50% off promo codes at the Cup, it was just "50off". They pretty much only sell in California head shops right now but you can get it online at www.pursterile.com